Putting Hero Icons on a Multiboard

nardretor

Reaction score
I want to put icons on my multiboard that keeps track of kills and deaths of heroes of each player. I know how to put an icon but i want a faster way or easier way to do it. When the player buys a hero, the hero icon will be on the multiboard and i tested that once already. Well.. i have 33 heroes in my map and what i first thought is to use if/then/else actions. It's so hard! So many heroes... then i knew that there is a limit of 9 if/then/else on a single trigger. I thought about making 4 separate triggers for it. But is there an easier way?

Rushhour

Reaction score
There is a limit of 9 if/then/elses? :O
I'm pretty sure I once used a trigger with about 20 if then elses and it worked perfectly :confused:
Hm, what about storing all hero icons in an image variable array? That could be faster to do, but not sure about this.

nardretor

Reaction score
ahm... i think that wont work... but im not sure... well.. 20 if/then/elses? here, if it exceeds 9 if/then/else, the trigger will be disabled and there is an error appearing...

NetherHawk

Reaction score
are you sure... i used 12 if/then/else in my trigger to set the colour codes for each player.. works fine.. then again.. i was using jass. not sure about gui.

Crusher

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
This might help you, not sure if it's effective.

Trigger:
  • Update Hero Icon
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Paladin
        • Then - Actions
          • Multiboard - Set the icon for multiboard item in column 1, row playerslot[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNGarithos.blp
        • Else - Actions

OneBadPsycho

Reaction score
You can assign every image path to an array variable and change the custom value of the hero to match the array number. When a hero is bought you can simply check the custom value and set the image in the multiboard.

nardretor

Reaction score
I just did wat crusher did.. i have no choice but to make 4 triggers in setting icons for 33 heroes. My world editor doesnt accept more than 10 if/then/else actions on a trigger.

BTW, things work well already...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.