Question about vision modifiers

MP®

Reaction score
Ok in my map, I created a big vision modifier that generates fog of war for a player every 0,04 seconds. Now I want to make a small vision modifier within that big modifier to make visible again. So I thought, just first create the big for of war, then make the visible modifier as a layer over it. But it doesn't work, everything is just fog of war, without a small 'hole'.

Does anyone here know a way how to make this little hole? thnx!

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
You can either try to split the big region of fog of war into several smaller ones to try to not cover the small area (if it is preset and doesnt ever move) or you would need to place a dummy unit with vision at the position you want to reveal. (given that the vision area is not bigger then 1800)

MP®

Reaction score
Thnx for you reply,

The first option (split the big region) is not possible, because it is possible that there will be multiple small region within the big region. And every 0,04 sec..

The dummy unit wont work, because the vision modifier will overlap the vision of the unit because it's reactivated every 0,04 sec. Thats the reason why I made this big modifier, because I wanted to mask the area behind the hero of a player. Also when he walks, it has to be refreshed every 0,04 sec.

I think the 0,04 sec also makes it impossible for the small vision modifier to 'come out', but I'm not sure about this..

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
I think that Vision's fade time is much longer than 0.04 seconds, so it might be an issue.
Erm, you will probably need either a ton of dummy units or vision modifiers. Either way it wont be simple or efficient :/

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.