quick leaderboard question

garet10

Reaction score
Is there a way to make it say the damage you do instead of kills or resources gathered?

Total damage

I am trying to find which one it is I tried, unit taking damage, attacking unit.
I might have it in the wrong order? Can anyone help?

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
yes u can trigger it by collecting the damage done in a variable, and use it in the leaderboard

garet10

Reaction score
what would the

Variable be Damage type? I have damage type normal.?

how can I get it to event any unit takes damage ? it won't let me pick it?

Choppa

www.warcraft-gamers.po.gs
Reaction score
I think you have to set a variable integer "damage" at map initilization, then when a unit is attacked make "damage" equal "damage - current life of attacked unit", that'll give you how much damage was done, but you might need arrays and all.

Chjoodge

Reaction score
Those are really basic questions - check out some tutorials, you can find plenty of them all over this website.

garet10

Reaction score
I think you have to set a variable integer "damage" at map initilization, then when a unit is attacked make "damage" equal "damage - current life of attacked unit", that'll give you how much damage was done, but you might need arrays and all.
this is confusing me? I am trying to find these when i am making the trigger?

e- a generic unit gets attacked
c-?
a- ?

garet10

Reaction score
too hard for me

I just going to give up on these leaderboards. I can't complete them.

garet10

Reaction score
Adding the unit Value to the leaderboard score

function Trig_Points_red_Conditions takes nothing returns boolean
if ( not ( IsUnitAlly(GetKillingUnitBJ(), Player(0)) == true ) ) then
return false
endif
return true
endfunction

function Trig_Points_red_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
set udg_Points[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(GetKillingUnitBJ()))] = udg_Kills[( GetConvertedPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(GetKillingUnitBJ())) + GetUnitUserData(GetDyingUnit()) )]
call LeaderboardSetPlayerItemValueBJ( GetOwningPlayer(GetKillingUnitBJ()), GetLastCreatedLeaderboard(), ( udg_Points[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(GetKillingUnitBJ()))] + GetUnitUserData(GetDyingUnit()) ) )
call LeaderboardSortItemsBJ( GetLastCreatedLeaderboard(), bj_SORTTYPE_SORTBYVALUE, true )
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_Points_red takes nothing returns nothing
set gg_trg_Points_red = CreateTrigger( )
call TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ( gg_trg_Points_red, EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_DEATH )
call TriggerAddCondition( gg_trg_Points_red, Condition( function Trig_Points_red_Conditions ) )
call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Points_red, function Trig_Points_red_Actions )

Edit http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16148 , http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/leaderboard.php#tallyscore, It does not show me which or how to make a Variable??
endfunction

millz-

Reaction score
As far as I know, there's no point converting a GUI trigger to JASS before posting here :/

You are missing a few things. You did not:

- Create a Leaderboard (Either for a specific player or all players)
- Set a Leaderboard title (although not really required, I think)
- Add item to the Leaderboard before setting the value
- Show the Leaderboard after sorting it

Edit: To create a new variable press Ctrl + B (by default) or the "X" symbol button in the Trigger Editor to open the variables window, then click on New Variable (Ctrl + N) and type in your desired variable name and choose variable type.

garet10

Reaction score
I have the leaderboard

The leader board is working I want it to work as I have custom unit point values one my spawning units , footmen 1, rifleman 2, and horsemen 3, turrets 50. I want it so it adds the points to the board as I kill them?

millz-

Reaction score
Have a global array variable of type Integer and store the point for each player. I assume you want to add points each time the player kills a certain unit, right? If so,

Trigger:
  • Set Point
    • Events
      • A Unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If Unit-Type of Dying Unit Equal to Footman Then Set yourPointArray[Player Number of (Owner of (Killing Unit))] = yourPointArray[Player Number of (Owner of (Killing Unit))] + 1 Else Do Nothing
      • Leaderboard - Change the value for (Owner of (Killing Unit)) in Last Created Leaderboard to yourPointArray[Player Number of (Owner of (Killing Unit))]

Then continue adding more if's for different kind of creeps that are killed.

(freehand)

Edit: You might want to add a condition where the owner of killing unit is a player that is playing.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.