Ramping

PiCkstix

Reaction score
How could I accomplish the following:

A unit (say a siege engine) enters a ramp (like the stone ramps integrated into the WE). When the unit leaves the ramp in Warcraft, it will fall to the ground instantly.

Here are examples:

huinbl.jpg

(Here it shows in 2D. How would I get the value between the ground and where the unit is on the ramp? This will help me to make it so that the unit does not hit the ground instantly, but falls gradually.)

suwmiu.jpg

(Here is a more practical 3D example...)

So,
1. How do I find the length between the bottom of the siege engine to the ground?
2. How can I make it seem that it is falling gradually to the ground and not instantly?

Any help will help.
Thank you,
PiCk

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
You making a racing game and need jumps? But sry no help from me..

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
Well basically in the core of the game itself, it needs something to land on, unless it has no pathing, and is flying. In which case it would just remain flying, and all you'd have to do is make a trigger increasing/decreasing its height.

Or, if you in some way, make an invisible terrain, and raise it to the level of the end of the ramp, then gradually make it go down, then just make a trigger increasing vehicles speed while in the region of the ramp, then it will seem as though its flying.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Find a "jump spell" tutorial, and force the unit to cast it when they go off the jump. You will probably have to do much configuring yourself, though, so make sure you understand it all.

Either that or find someone with a physics system (a good one) and PM them. The only person I know is HINDYhat at the Hive.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.