rate my village

kiogra

Reaction score
Ive been trying to make a good village for my second game, here some pictures of it.. rate its from 1 to 10 :]

-Pic of the middle part, has the tents and stuff.

-Pic of the animal stall things..

-Pic of the crops

i know, the 2nd and 3rd pic arent that good, i wasnt able to find many things for what it was supposed to be.. i like how the 1st one came out though...

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Looks like a camp far more than a village. But it looks okay, maybe a little height variation and detail.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
5/10 :]

It could use more tile variation and trees and environmental doodads. And some height elevation, fog, and weather would make it look better. Moawr! :)

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Most villages have at least one or two good buildings for the clan leaders or such.

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
Ah, and another picture showing it?

tentsy4.gif

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
on the second one, why are the kids kept with the sheep? isn't that kind of cruel?

As someone said, it does like a camp(only a little bit), but it also has good village elements.

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
I'll point out a few things to work on.

Realism
A society that still makes use of tents is not likely going to have cobblestone roads, you could exchange this with rough dirt, or dirt.

If you look out the window you'll notice that nature is not consistent. How does this apply to you? well noticeably you have no variation in your grass, no dirt patches or weeds.

Levels
Use the lower tool to drop your pathing down slightly, warn/used paths usually sink, and are rarely taller then the grass around them.

In a good scene you usually have 3 heights. The ground, the middle, and the air. Currently your only making use of the first 2. Adding in trees, birds, bats will fill in that empty space above everyones heads.

Keep it up, terraining is a learning experience. You should look out the window, google pictures, and keep an eye out for the details in your environment. This will allow you to visualize and put into place how your terrain should look. :thup:

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
It needs work...a lot of work...
The village leader's house needs to be much larger..

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
If the village leader's house is surrounded by tents, his house would be similar if not a little better. Meaning a log :D. This maybe is raccoon city.

Anyways, you have farms but where are the graneries or storage yards for these? Also where do people store the tools and such. Also a well would be nice clean water source.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.