Recipe RECIPE - Caesar Chicken Pita by Varine

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Caesar Chicken Pita by Varine

Here's another decent recipe that is a fairly healthy choice that can be done fairly cheaply. I, again, don't have prices, as I don't pay attention to that when shopping really (I do, but I mean I buy whatever the fuck I want, as I'm not on a college budget yet so I have some excess money and don't really notice prices, as my house pretty much just has the same things in it constantly, and also work in a pretty well stocked kitchen for most of the day where I make myself whatever the hell I want, but I'll try to work on it; I'm sure that money is a concern for some people here and they aren't going to want to spend a lot on regular meals at home). I'll also start to try and take pictures of them as well sometime, since that's always a beneficial addition.

Ingredients...
  • Romaine Lettuce (about a quarter head, maybe an eighth head depending on the size of it)
  • Parmesan (I use a lot of Parmesan, but I love cheese. A good handful is really necessary)
  • Caesar Dressing (this can be made but I don't think that would save money and isn't fun)
  • Chicken Breasts (about four or five ounces raw is what I use, two small breasts)
  • Lemon Juice or a Lemon (a lime will suffice if in a pinch; you don't need much)
  • Bacon (optional, but a good addition. Two average sized slices will suffice, but three is best because I love to snack on a nice piece of bacon while cooking)
  • Spinach (just a small handful, probably twenty leaves or less would suffice)
  • Shredded Cabbage (a small pinch works, or else it overpowers. I prefer green cabbage, but that's personal, if you really like red go with it. If you hate cabbage, exclude it)
  • Salt and Pepper
  • Pita (five or six inch diameter is a good size; it'll be stuffed, so you might need to scale the ingredients up or down depending on how big or small you have, and how much you can actually get into it before it breaks. Use some judgement, you don't want to pack it to the point of breaking, but it'll probably happen a few times anyway. It can be difficult to stuff a pita). )
Directions:
  • Cook the chicken in your preferred manner. I prefer to grill it, but that may not be an option. Small breasts CAN be microwaved and cooked, but it's kind of gross to me, but some people don't mind. I would say that is a last and desperate resort and I don't think anyone would argue; go get a small propane camping grill if you don't have a range or oven to cook it in. You want the chicken to be nice and moist. Other than a grill, I would say your next best option would be to just fry it in a lightly oiled pan, I would slice it first. After cooked, dice into small pieces.
  • Quarter your romaine head if you have a full one, and chop up for a salad (small sections, maybe inch by an inch leaves or so). If it looks like it's going to be too much to shove into a pita, use less obviously. I like to grill mine, but it's totally optional (if you have access to aforementioned camping grill or a grill pan or something, throw the quarter head on there before chopping, or just romaine leaves if you only have those. You're trying to get some good grill marks on there, it'll wilt slightly. Don't cook it too much, or else it won't have that crisp bite to it. Brush it with olive oil or something for good results, but not totally necessary).
  • Rough chop your spinach and (cooked) bacon (I prefer to dice my bacon into little bits, but whatever, it's bacon, it's awesome any way you have it). If you want you can cook your chicken in your bacon grease; I've never done that, but I bet it would be good.
  • Throw the chicken, romaine, spinach, bacon, Parmesan, and cabbage into a bowl, and toss a little to mix it up. Add in the Caesar dressing (you don't need very much Caesar, you really only want to get a nice, thin coating on the salad mix. If you add too much, it really overpowers the whole thing and tastes like total shit, it's fucking gross, don't be liberal with Caesar, it's not a ranch or blue cheese). A small dash of lemon juice will suffice, or squeeze in half of a ripe lemon. Toss it all together, salt and pepper to taste.
  • The tricky part is stuffing it into the pita. I make this all the time and still fuck up many a pita trying to get it all in there. The easiest way to do it would be to throw the pita into a microwave for ten or fifteen seconds to get it warm and soften it up, and cut it in half. You should be able to pop it open, and then just stuff the salad mix into the two halves.
  • I like to throw the pita down onto a grill to get some nice marks on it, maybe give it a light coating of butter or oil to help it (not much, or else it'll get soggy; if you nuked it, it's already going to be a bit soft, so watch it. It shouldn't take long). A toaster oven or something will also work for this part, the goal is to just toast it very slightly and crisp it up.
Enjoy.

Source:

Back to the Chicken Recipes

See all the Recipes in the Recipes Index!

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.