Reference: General Reference

Anything.

Reaction score
Basic Reference Guide

Obviously, this is a guide which has all the basic things which you might want to return to, sometime or another. Please feel free to mention anything I missed. Most of the stuff is for TFT because I haven't played RoC in years.

Quick Links (Alphabetical)
[goto=atch]Attachment Points[/goto]
[goto=auto]De-Autocasting[/goto]
Hidden Material
Icon Coordinates
[goto=cldrs]Interesting Spells[/goto]
[goto=rldm]Reliable Dummy Spells[/goto]
[goto=unlsp]Unlevelable Spells[/goto]
Unit Balancer
[goto=ustr]Useful Triggers[/goto]

[anchor]atch[/anchor]
Attachment Points

An easy way to attach effects to a unit is to base a spell off of 'Item Battle Standard' and change the attachment points and models from that spell. The icon will not show up and there is no visible buff.

Units
  • chest
  • foot (left, right)
  • hand (left, right)
  • head
  • origin
  • overhead
  • weapon

Buildings
  • large
  • medium
  • sprite

Other
  • mount
  • rear
  • first
  • second
  • third
  • fourth
  • fifth
  • sixth
  • rallypoint

[anchor]auto[/anchor]
De-Autocasting

Some spells may have an undesirable auto-cast. These spells have quite interesting counterparts which don't have auto-cast, but they aren't apparent at first. This is taken from this thread.

Edit spells accordingly so that they don't have extra effects.

• Slow - Drunken Haze, Acid Bomb, Shadow Strike
  • Faerie Fire - Acid Bomb (no reveal)
  • Curse - Drunken Haze
  • Bloodlust - Cripple (no size change)
  • Frenzy - Berserk
  • Inner Fire - Cripple
  • Essence of Blight - Scroll of Healing
  • Spirit Touch - Scroll of Mana
  • Abolish Magic - Wand of Negation
  • Web - Ensnare
  • Parasite - Doom (a bit different and buggy after Level 1)
  • Heal - Healing Wave (not Holy Light)
  • Kaboom! - Unstable Concoction (bit different, but okay)
  • Frost Armor (auto-castable) - Frost Armor (well, of course...)

[anchor]cldrs[/anchor]
Interesting Spells

Some spells are just too interesting to not mention. Here is a brief list of spells which are a bit different.

• Barrage - Allows for multiple targets for a single attack.
  • Cloud, Drunken Haze, Silence - These spells are very similar, but have different target options. Cloud is a targetable AoE spell with a channeling effect. The buff wears off only when the spell is cancelled. Silence is also a targetable AoE spell but it is instant cast and has a set duration. Drunken Haze targets a single unit and has an optional AoE effect.
  • Dark Conversion, Soul Preservation - These spells have a very unique effect and should be cast in succession.
  • Flare - This spell has a maximum number of times it can be cast, which makes it quite unique.
  • Lightning Attack - Creates a lighting effect between unit and target during an attack. This can be used in conjunction with Aerial Shackles, Siphon Mana, or other chain spells for a weird effect.
  • Orb of Annhilation, Quill Spray - This spell is very awkward when it comes to creating a custom ability based off of it. The spell effect will sometimes not trigger when the unit auto-acquires a unit, and sometimes the spell will ignore mana cost and cooldown completely.
  • Orb of Slow - This is a very unique orb ability that allows a unit to sometimes cast a spell which it doesn't normally have on a successful attack. However, it is known that sometimes the spell will never activate on an auto-acquired target.
  • Phoenix Fire - Allows a unit to attack by walking nearby an enemy without actually attacking.
  • Shadow Strike - The fields on Shadow Strike a bit different from normal. Its fields are a bit jumbled up. Decaying Damage is the amount of damage dealt by the periods, and Casting Time is the interval.
  • Spawn Hydras, Spawn Spiders, Spawn Spiderlings - This spell makes a unit spawn another unit after it dies. This is very useful!
  • Sphere - This spell is pretty unique on it's own - allowing units which cannot shoot projectiles (because of some model error?) to shoot a projectile. It is also interesting because it replaces a unit's old projectile. It also makes the unit shoot a projectile on spell cast. Can also be used for attachment points (that vanish when user attacks).

[anchor]rldm[/anchor]
Reliable Dummy Spells

This is a short list of spells which are good for dummy spells. Dummy spells should never have an effect which cannot be removed, such as Purge, or Storm Bolt. Leash spells (Aerial Shackles) also disable eachother - if a unit is already leashed it cannot be leashed again.

• Channel
  • Rejuvenation
  • Shadow Strike

[anchor]unlsp[/anchor]
Unlevelable Spells

This is a short list from this thread with a couple of things added to it (maybe later). All of it was written by Chocobo :D

These spells will be unaffected if they have multiple levels and the spell gains a level. The spell usually ignores all the fields except the ones for Level 1.

• Doom (No targetable units after Level 1)
  • Permanent Immolation (Damage stays the same)
  • Runed Bracers
  • Item Damage Bonus
  • Ring of Protection
  • Attack Speed Bonus
  • Item Life Bonus
  • Item Mana Bonus
  • Gem of True Sight
  • Goblin Night Scope
  • Life Regeneration Aura
  • Regenerate Mana
  • Sphere
  • Edit - So uh, Chocobo is crazy and edited their list and it's too long, so here's a link to all of it. Chocobo, you own face.

Although these spells cannot be leveled up, most of them can be remedied by replacing the spell Via triggers.

You will need a different spell for each level. When you obtain a new level of the spell, you will remove the spell and add the new spell which has its fields edited so it is different from the first level.

[anchor]ustr[/anchor]
Useful Triggers

Respawning a Creep - Click Here
Save / Load Code - Click Here
Stopping Friendly Fire
Code:
Events
        Unit - A unit Is attacked
    Conditions
        ((Attacking unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of (Attacked unit))) Equal to True
    Actions
        Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Stop

End

Uhh... I hope this has been useful to you in some way. It's not complete yet. I still have some things to add to it, but I have to take my leave now...

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Claws of attack is the item, infact. You should put the ability's name (same for some other names in that list). Ie: Claws of Attack = Item Damage Bonus.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Code:
Events
    Unit - A unit owned by Neutral Hostile Dies
Conditions
Actions
    Wait 30.00 game-time seconds
    Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) for Neutral Hostile at (Position of (Dying unit)) facing Default building facing degrees

This isnt MUI. It will only create the last dead unit at the position it died. This reference needs some work on it.

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Nice info, I like.

Anything.

Reaction score
ragingspeedh said:
I suggest you to try and find a better name for the... thread, tutorial, thingy.
You know what? I just realized what I did up there. Haha, what a horrible name ;)

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
@Andrewgosu
it is mui actually...but it has a memory leak which is not such a good thing.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Right, I remember AceHart explaining the decay time, it should be MUI unless the wait is over 90 secs, right?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Andrewgosu said:
Right, I remember AceHart explaining the decay time, it should be MUI unless the wait is over 90 secs, right?
if the wait is longer than 90 seconds (can be changed in gameplay constants afaik) the unit wouldn't respawn at all since he would get removed after that.
and a lot of people think that dying unit would change after some other unit dies. this is not true because dying unit is actually triggering unit which always keeps its original value even after a wait.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
SFilip said:
if the wait is longer than 90 seconds (can be changed in gameplay constants afaik) the unit wouldn't respawn at all since he would get removed after that.
and a lot of people think that dying unit would change after some other unit dies. this is not true because dying unit is actually triggering unit which always keeps its original value even after a wait.

Exactly, I am dumb and you are smart. What did I say?

~Back to the subject.

Tonks

Reaction score
Units
chest
foot (left, right)
hand (left, right)
head
origin
overhead
weapon
There's more. Legs(left, right), arms(left, right), neck, stomach, knees(left, right).

P

Perfectfire

Lol im definatly adding this thread to my favorites. Good information! Mostly for me- the attachment points, because animations are cool to play with =D

G

Goauld

Lightning Attack - This spell is pretty unique on it's own - allowing units which cannot shoot projectiles (because of some model error?) to shoot a projectile. It is also interesting because it replaces a unit's old projectile.
Actually it's used to get a lightning art to an attack animation. All the units that use this also use a projectile art that doesn't have any appearance.

Anything.

Reaction score
Goauld said:
Actually it's used to get a lightning art to an attack animation. All the units that use this also use a projectile art that doesn't have any appearance.
Er, that was supposed to be Sphere :rolleyes:

Heh. I've also used Lightning Attack sometimes to add a special projectile to units before though. Or maybe I'm thinking of Sphere again. I'm confusing myself.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.