Reincarnation Event

FannyShaver

Reaction score
I checked following ones:

Begins channeling an ability
Begins casting an ability
Starts the effect of an ability
Finishes casting an ability

None of those events is connected to Reincarnation. Anyone knows what's going on?

the_ideal

user title
Reaction score
Bump... I too wonder about this. Also, when a unit dies with reincarnation, it doesn't trigger the event "A Unit Dies."

FannyShaver

Reaction score
I tried nearly everything. Decay, becomes revivable, is being revived... Just nearly everything apart from things just couldn't be related to that. AINT GOT A CLUE!

Jedi

Reaction score
Unit's life becomes equal to 0.But unit doesn't death.

In other words, if unit has reincarnation, death event doesn't fire.But if unit doesn't have reincarnation(or at cooldown), death event fires before life event.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
There's a way to detect Reincarnation in GUI, but it's a little tricky. You should get a damage system like Weep's GDD to detect a killing blow on the unit, then run a 0.00 seconds timer and detect if the unit is dead with a boolean comparison on the timer's expiration. Even though Reincarnation doesn't fire a "unit dies" event, the unit is still considered dead while Reincarnation is in effect.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
There's a way to detect Reincarnation in GUI, but it's a little tricky. You should get a damage system like Weep's GDD to detect a killing blow on the unit, then run a 0.00 seconds timer and detect if the unit is dead with a boolean comparison on the timer's expiration. Even though Reincarnation doesn't fire a "unit dies" event, the unit is still considered dead while Reincarnation is in effect.
But he'd be dead whether or not he has reincarnation right? :S So checking if he's dead immediately after he died wouldn't do anything? :S

Jedi

Reaction score
I am not sure about why message displayed 5 times.(thanks hgkjfhfdsj)

Attachments

• Reincarnation Detect.w3x
    15 KB · Views: 119

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
But he'd be dead whether or not he has reincarnation right? :S So checking if he's dead immediately after he died wouldn't do anything? :S
Obviously you check if the unit has Reincarnation, and create a timer that corresponds to the ability's cooldown.

It would be a lot more helpful if you tested things out before questioning them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.