Removing attack sounds?

RedOrb

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Is there any easy way of removing a sound from an attack? When you change a unit's missile art, it also changes the referenced sound files, and I just want to be able to mute that if possible. I guess I may need to duplicate the attack file without the sound references, but I've never done it so would prefer if there's an easier way..?

OMGOMGOMG

UMBWGMG (Unidentified Human Being.)
Reaction score
There is a way.

Combat - Attack # (out of 1 and 2) - Weapon sound - <SOUND>
to
Combat - Attack # (out of 1 and 2) - Weapon sound - NONE

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Those fields only work for melee attacks. If you're using a missile, you have to nullify the sounds related to that missile's model, which will be the sounds played when the attack is launched or hits.

RedOrb

Reaction score
Thanks man. But while that seems obvious Kaerf, the practical solution is not ._.

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
Do you still want to preserve the sounds of the missile for other uses? Because this method will remove the sound completely.

Create a blank .txt file, and rename it so that it changes into a .wav file. Open your Sound Editor and locate the sounds related to your missile. Right-click those sounds, choose Replace Internal Sound and pick the .wav file in the window that opens up. This will change the original sound file into a blank one which plays no sound.

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
  • Reading other people's responses to other threads, especially those problems I've never faced. Try solving them too.
  • Lurking in the Tutorials and Resources section, there's lots of interesting stuff if you know where to look.
  • Trial and error while making my own maps, whenever I find a problem.

RedOrb

Reaction score
Kaerf, please can I try some of your own creations?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.