Requesting Gremlin skin for Ghoul Model....

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
You WILL receive credit for this. Ghoul model looks like it has a great base for this hero. However, it does need a reskinning for it to match the most appropriately.

Please draw ideas from this image, which is of one of the Gremlins. Their back looks about the same with the horns (green with black scales like a lizard), so be imaginative. Don't just recolor the skin, cause I can do that. Besides, the gremlin doesn't show any bones except around its chest, they're just little lithe creatures.

http://www.monsterjones.com/Gremlin.JPG

I suggest you remove the alpha on his hair and work with it to create ears. If you absolutely can't, I can try to model up some ear attachments :p

Also, as part of some of my ideas, make sure you perfect the eyes in their malicious look. Alpha out the teeth into a smooth rim and skin it like a lip. Also, alpha out the feet into three toes. Since the foot uses a mirrored image, make a toe and a half a toe on the top and you will succeed. Gremlins are very small so don't worry about super perfecting their skin. Make sure that their back and face look as awesome as possible, and the chest and feet can be less work in comparison, since the stance of a sized down ghoul only shows off his chest when he's convulsing to make more gremlins and his feet are only seen if you zoom up close (so just make them believeable as toes, don't work on perfecting the nails or anything :D)

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
I don't have a skin to suggest, but I wonder what happened with the spell i deas I gave you on the other thread...

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
I wasn't asking for a skin someone already made. I know there isn't a single one out there.

Either way, I'm sure I have a spell lineup. Since I only have four slots, I'll probably go with Multiply, Consume, Sun Resistance, and Horde of Fiends (if he gets near to his gremlin buddies their stats will increase and they will each get a weak trample/immolation).

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
I'll try it. May take a while.

EDIT: Here it is. I tried and I hope you like it.

ghoul.jpg

Units\Undead\Ghoul\Ghoul.blp

Attachments

• Ghoul_gremlin2.blp
    96.4 KB · Views: 236

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Thanks for working on it :)

Anyhow....

Nice job so far.

Update Suggestions:

The teeth/lips need a full alpha now that I look at it more, but I like where that part is going. The hands definitely need alpha-ing and the feet and ears need better skinning.

Things you seem to have Missed:

You need to alpha the bottom of the foot as well. It would also be good if you could work on that weird bone top of the chest that appears in the skin that you seem to have ignored. That has to be skinned a bit too. And, last of all, I notice that the back of his head is still the weird brownish stuff. You can cover that with scales too.

Mullit

Reaction score
i will try but i dont have WC available at the moment so i wont be able to see what it looks like. i will post the skin when its done and do the best i can witho ut WC to check it.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
If you have the time, you can work on Whitesock's skin, cause he has a nice start on it. You can read my constantly edited (I hope that's the end of it, just looking around the model to see what's up with the skin) post to Whitesock to see what definitely needs to be worked on.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
What's the progess on this skin?

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Hm...I liked the duller scales and the original scaly face better. However, I appreciate the new lips and the feet...they seem much better. The hands are pretty good too. I can try to make ears, but the problem is I don't think they'll show up in the portrait, sadly.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Hmm...some 20 days later and no update? Hm.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
This is what I made, based on whitesocks skin. Removed the purple thing what is around the ghouls hands and alpahed out the tingling buttocks. Also shaded it a little bit, made the lips thinner and brushed the yellow legs green and added scales to them. Looks better in my opinion.

Ill leave it as a TGA for further editing.

laaalaaaa.jpg

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
The one you uploaded doesn't have appropriate unalphaed hair, like you removed the mask off of some of it. Also, the toes don't have as good alphaing IMO. The lips are too blocky and need to be much thinner, the top of the chest is STILL bony rib, and the claws now seem like they should be fully reskinned in scales (that yellow and black stuff before his fingers). Other than that, much better :)

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't touch the alpha layer much. And you should go for the ear-attatchments, because alphaing the hair doesnt look so good.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.