Requesting Help on different matters

D359

Reaction score
Please help with units

I need some help to deal with some issues:

1)Altered Melee ideea
This is more for a friend, who wants to make an altered melee map with a new custom race,the Barbarians.He wants to make this race(hold your pants)based on the vilager rpg maps he played,he literaly wants to make an army of custom equiped vilagers.

He was inspired from an RTS game,with the theme ancient grece, in which you had to manualy equip units after you've trained them.So you have 3 tipes of vilagers:Brave(for a melee)Cunning(for range)and Wise(for casters) and 2 types of builders,one is used to gather goods while the other builds shoops for your trops.

The problem here is that he wants to add to a spellbook shoop for the casters.What the both of us would like to know is whether or not you think it would be posible to control such a race.

3)Could anyone suggest some unit ideeas based on the following models,for a melee map:
Bloodelf Archer
Emissary
Medivh

4)Give me your opinion on this hero->Arcane Knight(if you want to see the model,clik here):Mind Blast(aoe stun,lasts 2/3/4 sec),Haste(Do I have to explain what this dose?),Mana Shield(I think everyone knows what this dose),Change Weapon(this ultimate is a bit tricky,once learned it grants Cleave and Blade Storm,and when activated,well,the hero changes from his broad swords to his dagers and gains 2 new spells in place of cleave and bladestorm,critical strike and arcane rage,based on berserk).
His stats are:
Strenght:19+2,4 per level
Agility:22+1,5 per level
Inteligence:22+3 per level
For now I am useing a beta map with 10 levels,when I will raise the cap to 20,the stats gained per level of this unit will be halved,so that he may reach at level 20 the same stats he reached at the level 10 test map.

At least answer one topic please!

djb4cc1o94

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I didnt get it... You want too many things in one thread....

1)You can do it without any trigger,just go to the metamorphosis ability and change "Normal form unit" to any unit u want (the ghostly archmage in this case) but you will need to create its unit first, then add into the meramorphosis ability,then for add spellbook,just add the spellbook to the unit u created (the ghostly archmage) there is a tutorial about spellbooks http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/34530-How-to-Make-Spellbooks
If u want to make a shoop then give all the abilityes to the unit with a requirement of an upgrade/learn for use them obviously,and to the shoops just add the upgrade/learn.

2)You can edit the unit's model from a race u want,you CANT create a new entire race but you can still use the object editor for create new units.

3)For the models just go http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/news.php there are a lot of models

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
1). A GUI support hero? The Enchanter :D
Purify: Cleanses a target ally with healing magic, dispelling all negative buffs and restoring 55/90/125/160 hit points.
Judgment: Forces a unit to accept punishment for its sins. Deals 35/45/55/65 damage for every unit it has killed since the last time this spell was cast on it, and cleanses it of all positive buffs.
Healing Wave: Releases a beam of healing magic that restores 75/150/225/300 hit points to all allies in its path.
Ultimate: Metamorphosis: Transforms into a mystical, luminescent being, with the ability to cast several exclusive spells.
Strike Down: Strikes down a target unit from battle, making it immobile for 10 seconds. The effect is negated when the unit's hit points are reduced below 25%, or when there are no allied units within 650 range of it.
Mystic Shield: Surrounds an ally with a barrier of magic, making it immune to spells and giving it 35 bonus HP regen per second.
Arcane Surge: Causes a surge of energy within a target unit, restoring 150 HP and MP and granting 50% increased AS and MS. After 10 seconds, the target loses 75 HP and MP and is slowed by 25% for another 5 seconds.

2). Why not? Any race can be controlled so long as it's balanced with the rest. I'm just not quite sure how you're going to implement a Spellbook Shop.

3). Blood Elf Archer: Exactly that. An archer.
Emissary: Some sort of supportive caster/healer.
Medivh: A more offensive, battle-oriented caster. The alternate Crow form could make him a spy of some sort.
Orc Warchief: A melee DPSer. Possibly doubles as an offensive caster of some sort. Dark Knight?

In general, everything you're asking for can be done in GUI, just very inefficiently. There's no need for JASS knowledge here, but it does make a difference.

D359

Reaction score
Kaerf this friend of mine filled 3 shops with items with atachments,don't underestimate him,he got crazy with his custom race,I bet on all my allowance he is going to try and fill a shop with spellbooks,from what I understand,those spellbooks will be ranked on level.Basicaly he would have something like this:Spellbook with level 1 druid spells,level 2 necromancer spells,level 3 priest spells,level 4 mage etc.So while a hoard of melee and range,meanwhile he will control a hero+7-10 vilagears with diferent spellbooks and gears.

By the way is that purify spell an autocast?

Djb:my friend made tons of units on this map,his race apears in the editor,in the folder custom units,commoner(there is this race label),thats his custom race and at 3,those were the models for the damned units:|.Never understimate a determined person,my advice to you.

D359

Reaction score
OFF TOPIC:fine we will talk later about this after the map is done,or on PM's if you wish to add something to that post or this discusion on what can be done or not,let's just keep it off this thread, please.
On Topic:dose anyone have anymore ideeas?I could use some extra details,in adition to something like this,my inspiration left me.
Emissary: Some sort of supportive caster/healer.

Edit at 04:23 AM:
Added new issues to main thread.

D359

Reaction score
B-u-m-p

Off topic:BUMB,BABY BUMB HIGH

On topic:A few weeks ago this thread had a lot of issues,some of which I manage to fix,and thus I cut down off the list of things that I need help with,but I still need your opinions on some things,please give a hand out.

TheOverWhelm

Reaction score
I'm sure that race of villagers could add a lot of custom stuff and would be interesting in how it plays.
Making it would be easy enough.

The hero works, but I dunno about balance compared to other things.

WildTurkey

Previously known as giv_me_rep
Reaction score
I did exactly this on one of my previous altered RPG maps (that was for the custom race villagers --> not sure what else you want too much to read).

Anyone i think i called it Warcraft World cause i was a lame-O but it was pretty cool, i had water races, elemental races, panda race etc with complex gameplay. I actually had the villagers exactly how you described. In my map rather than harvesting gold and lumber you had to capture strategic lumber mills and gold mines which had various elves, dwarves and creatures doing errands around the place. You have encouraged me to continue working on the map so thank you :) I just need to find a copy now :p I can send to you if you like just PM me and maybe me and your friend can build it together and save him alot of time. My map was seperated by a large river which could be crossed by periodic hot air balloons :p

D359

Reaction score
In my map the vilagear race is called barbarian,I plan to give the vilagear female a "Have Sex"spell based on Absorb Mana from Obsidian Destroyer,to absorb the mana/sperm from the vilager and a "give birth" spell,based on Dark Portal to summon kids,these kids get sold by a slave driver(green orc warlock),who uses a transmutation spell that only works on"allied giant units"(the kids count as ancient,giants and mechanical).

I would love to see your map giv_me_rep to compare races and trigers(mine suck pretty hard,because they don't add the quanity of resources I set and I can't change the starting building)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.