Resistant Skin and friendly Siphon Mana

Goober4473

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I would like two units to have Resistant Skin, but I also need them to be able to be given mana via a custom Siphon Mana with only the friendly effect (to give mana to a friendly unit). However, it seems Resistant Skin blocks even the friendly version.

Does anyone have a good way around this? I suppose I could replace the custom Siphon Mana with a dummy spell and trigger the whole thing, but is there an easier way?

Tom_Kazansky

--- wraith it ! ---
Reaction score
I have:

Gameplay Constants... \ Gameplay - Drain Transfers Mana: True

and Siphon Mana can still transfer mana to a Resistant Skin target.

I tested with Blood Mage and Doom Guard

Goober4473

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
The gameplay constants are fine, as I can transfer mana to non-resistant units. What else could be wrong?

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Is the spell permitted to be cast on heroes? Resistant Skin essentially makes a unit considered like a hero for targeting purposes.

Goober4473

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Crap, it's not, and I may not be able to let it, unless I can give the heroes something that makes them un-targetable by it besides being a hero.

Thanks for the help.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
unless I can give the heroes something that makes them un-targetable by it besides being a hero.
You could do something like make the spell unable to target Ancients, and give all heroes the Ancient classification.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.