Reverse Aura Skill (Idea)

HDInfinity

Reaction score
I had no idea were to put this but the idea suddenly came to me and I had to let people know.

I haven't began to program and JASS and do not know its capabilities and limits. I just have an idea, if anyone wants to make it it would be cool, or if it is already made.

What about a timed skill that would reverse the effects of aura's against your opponents. Say your opponent has an Endurance Aura for 15% Attack speed bonus and 30% move speed. If that hero is within a certain range of you, it will cause their aura to become -15%/-30% for them and their allies.

For instance:
Level 1- 5 seconds, 500 range, 150 Mana Cost, 30 second CD
Level 2- 10 seconds, 600 range, 200 Mana Cost, 45 second CD
Level 3- 20 seconds, 750 Range, 250 Mana Cost, 60 second CD

Passive Helpful Aura's (Endurance, Devotion, Unholy) would be reversed against the opponent.

Passive Damaging Aura's (Degeneration aura) would be reversed against you.

Higher levels would bring about a higher aoe and time lasted.

This is just my idea, If it is possible then I think it would be amazing to put into a custom map, or anything.

Tyrulan

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
It is certainly possible.

The first step would be to remove the enemy's aura while in range. Second step, using a table lookup, find the opposing aura and add that to the enemy hero. Then of course when the enemy moves out of range, you remove the opposing and re-add the original auras.

In essence, we're only removing their positive buff and leaving them with a debuff!

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
if you want their auras to be reversed that would work but if you want the effect of auras on each unit to be reversed when in range that would be totally different, you would need a unique buffing system. There are a few buffing systems available for download.

Tyrulan

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
To GFreak45:

I may be wrong but this led me to believe that he wanted any enemy hero in range to have their auras reversed on their allies (thus extending the range of the effects of the ultimate).

If that hero is within a certain range of you, it will cause their aura to become -15%/-30% for them and their allies.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.