Robot

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
Rob.png

I know some of you are good at making cartoons and stuff. So i'm posting this here for some advice on how to make it better.. or what method would you use to make it.

I did the depth or value in 3 different shades of brightness.. then I added a orange sun lighting from the left and dark shadows.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
It looks like a mirror image for both sides.
I guess make the orange pipings to have smoother lines. And add tone to it.
At the turret that releases blue flame, add a lil blue tint at the turret, to have glowing like effect.
Instead of orange sunlight, I believe a blue shade is more appropriate. A lil orange is fine, but I believe the blue is supposed to be brighter than the orange.

Otherwise, it looks awesome. Good work there, old friend. :)

Ps: I believe it's time for you to use real life object or picture as reference. You will learn lighting and shading better this way. Start off simple. A worm, perhaps. :)

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
you know what I think your right. I'd really be inspired to do some sketches of things. Haven't done that in a long time. I guess your hinting my shading is incorrect on this? :D

I looked at your sketches too really good stuff. though they have alot of flaws, I like them and you draw pretty well.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Nah. They're not incorrect per se. They're fine. Just need some extra touch I guess.

Have not been drawing for a friggin long time. Kinda busy I guess.
Visiting to TH helps lays my brain off serious stuff sometimes.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Your robot healed me! I had a stuffy nose but once I came to this page, it cleared up. (but once I left my room, I became sick again)

What vypur said, ha. Especially with the blue flames' lighting. Cool piece there, :thup:

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
haha , as soon as your eyes left the screen the sickness came upon you again.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.