Rome: Rise and Fall

soulreaping

Reaction score
Rome: Rise and Fall

The Roman republic, later became the Roman empire was one of the most infulential movements in the ancient world which entirley affected the world's culture, economics, and more.

The great Roman empire started as a republic which had 3 great and noble families(sometimes refered as 'houses') :
-The Julius family (also known as the House of Julii)
-The Brutus family (also known as the House of Brutii)
-The Scipio family (also known as the House of Scipii)

These 3 great families expanded the Roman republic, until Gaius Julius Caeser declined the senate decision to disband his army and leave Gaul, and started the civil war against Pompey the Great and the Roman senate leading for him to proclaim the SPQR(Senatus Populusque Romanus - The senate and the people of Rome) and convert the Roman republic to the Roman empire. Caesar then declared himself dictator and the emperor of Rome.

At 395 A.D., Theodosius, who was the last emperor who ruled over the whole empire, died and gave his two sons the two halves of the empire. This is when the empire was split for the last time.

At 476 A.D., the Western empire fell for barbarian hordes.

================================================

After this very interesting history lesson(I personally love this ancient time), it's time for the technical part of the explanation.

This map will combine both the invasion of the barbarian hordes, and the attempt of the 3 great families to take over Rome.

It will consist of 3 teams of 3 players, each team represents a family.

The families has 3 objectives:
- Build a frontier fortress to hold the invading hordes.
- Take over Rome.
- Recruit an army to do both hold your ground and take over Rome.

This map will require teams both teamwork and strategy.

Until the invasion of the barbarian hordes, the 3 great families have lived peacefuly. When the hordes begin the invasion, the roads to Rome were opened. The first family to conquer Rome before (if) their base is destroyed will claim the victory.

If you want to categorize this idea, I'd say it's a survival-melee or something like that.

What I need?
Basically, I do all the map myself.

The only thing I need is a modeler to model me some Roman units.

I can give him patterns / pictures w.e he needs in order to do this.

But before that, I want your opinion on the idea before I even start working on that because I don't want to do it for nothing in the end.

I appreciate any comment / suggestion / w.e you write.

Thanks for reading!

soulreaping

Reaction score
Basically, yes.

I haven't started working on it yet.
Since it's (IMO) an original and different idea from the regular day-to-day maps, I wanted to know what people think about it and if is it worth the time to spend on this, cause in my plans it isn't a small project and a thing that will take time.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.