Rotating attachment?

Parsival

Reaction score
Hi,

I downloaded attachment and i just binded it to an unit.
Look at the effect:

bug1f.png

It should be 'two handed weapon' :(

Is there any way to rotate it without using any third party programs?

Thanks, and as always: sorry for my poor English ;)

paragon

Reaction score
Hi Parsival,

I'm not an expert but as far as I know, the rotation and attachment points of any model
are part of the .mdx-file (which I assume is what you downloaded ^^) and can't be changed by any means trough the editor.
People often create these for their own models where they are likely to fit. If you want to use them on different models,
you often won't get around certain third party programs! Sorry ;) Oh and you english is perfectly fine btw!

paragon

ps.: I dabbled a bit in modelling a while back and I seem to remember that it really wasn't that difficult. Just invest a few mb of hard-drive space
for a few freeware programs and an afternoon of work and you should be able to do it quite easily. google some tutorials. Still, I might be remembering it wrong, and it's actually
extremely difficult, in which case I haven't said anything! xD

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Also, when you're editing someone else's model, I believe it'd be better to notify them.

Parsival

Reaction score
Also, when you're editing someone else's model, I believe it'd be better to notify them.
You are right. Anyway, it's only changing model's rotation. I bet author of that model wouldn't be offended. But I'm too lazy anyway. My knowledge of modelling is equal to zero. :p

Well. Thanks for help, mates.
+rep for paragon.

Sajin

User title under construction.
Reaction score
Try setting the attachment point to 'weapon' instead of right hand

Sajin

Reaction score
I cant really see the picture, but if thats not working, try finding an attachment ment for that model, like find one made by the same person, for example, I had a Konstrukt marine model i needed to use but the only attachments that would work were the Konstrukt ones

Sajin

Reaction score
the lanturn in the picture is giving me a hard time distinguishing whats the model and whats the terrain/doodads because of it's small size ;)
but if weapon didn't work then its a problem with one of the models. Try equiping it to a different type of unit? like the default Wc3 marine if it still dowsn't work then its a problem with the gun model. if it does then its a problem with the character itself

Parsival

Reaction score
the lanturn in the picture is giving me a hard time distinguishing whats the model and whats the terrain/doodads because of it's small size

Ha ha ha :D
Well, I had to make this screen in-game (because of attachment which is an unit's ability) and I couldn't zoom camera because of Auto-Camera Setting (You know, Mouse-Wheel conquering :p). Of course I could turn off trigger which sets my camera back, but life would be too easy then.

I can send You bigger-version of that image instead:

bug2fixed.png

D:

paragon

Reaction score
Ha ha ha :D
Well, I had to make this screen in-game (because of attachment which is an unit's ability) and I couldn't zoom camera because of Auto-Camera Setting (You know, Mouse-Wheel conquering :p). Of course I could turn off trigger which sets my camera back, but life would be too easy then.

I can send You bigger-version of that image instead:

bug2fixed.png

D:

Well, on the plus side: that is one epic Plasma Gun Battle Axe you got there!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.