RPG RPG Mercenary

asipo

Reaction score

Im bad in english, try to make this as short and simple as possible

RPG Mercenary
Thinking of it to be "The Mercenary" or "The Guild" but then people wont know that this is actually RPG game.

Overview
This game is about you, the player as a guild manager that recruit member, take any quest and do the job. Beside that is exploring.

1. The unit size, collision and speed will be reduce into half just to make the world is really large. (Fun exploring and need a great terrain)
  2. There will be 1 unit that can lvlup which is the guild (a building) and the guild level up by completing quest.
  3. Also will be 1 hero-like unit. Cant lvlup, 20% stronger from normal unit. This consider as captain.
  4. This game is focused on the gameplay of the game. Make the game fun, not to make the game looks cool
  5. Plus, great terrain is needed since i believe its part of a good gameplay criteria.
  6. Since this is about a guild. You can recruit a unit. Maximum unit can be recruit is 24 unit. (Reach when high level guild, thinking to make the game usually have 5 unit in 1 guild)
  7. The unit and monster will be using wc3 default stat. This means, the unit health, mana, damage is using default wc3.
    ( I believe blizzard already calculate all this stuff and ensure its balance, so why change? )
  8. And finally nice quest is needed since this is the MOST IMPORTANT thing in this game. This ensure good game play.
    • This i will need alot of idea about the quest
    • Need a good quest management GUI
    • There will be like, soooo many quest in this game with many condition to occur, requirement to take, item reward, item requirement...

Project complexity
Please note that im also new with wc3 map editor. Have create 2 mini game without JASS or Special Model or Terrain so far
Might be good for people that still new with wc3 map editor
  1. There might no need for JASS. Since unit skill will be using normal wc3skill.
  2. There is no need for special model since the unit model is also from wc3 itself
  3. Have a save feature using code

How can u guys help me?
The most important is idea for the Quest :)
Join me create this game (dont need a pro, but maybe some one that determinant to make a game using this wc3 map editor or some one very imaginative with the quest)
Appreciate for any idea or comments

Thats all for the overview, below will be the detail

Unit
Can be categorize into several type
  1. Monster
    • All the unit in Neutral hostile
  2. Others
    • All the unit in Neutral Passive
    • Transportation unit such as wagon, ship and goblin air zeplin
  3. Recruited unit
    Unit that can be hire
    • Human Footman
    • Human Knight
    • Human Spellbreaker
    • Human Brigand
    • Human Rifleman
    • Human archer
    • Elf Warden
    • Elf Huntress
    • Human Priest
    • Human Sorceress
    • Elf Druid Of Talon
    • Undead Necromancer
  4. Hero
    • Arthas (hammer)
    • Lord Garithos
    • Jaina
    • Malfurion
    • Warden
    • Tyrande

Skill
  1. There will be many skill, but randomly assign into unit.
  2. The skill will be related to the unit.
  3. Strength like unit = 1 skill, cant choose, random when recruit
  4. Agility like unit = 1 skill cant choose, random when recruit
  5. Intelligent like unit = 3 skill cant choose, random when recruit
  6. Hero = 1 skill, can choose

Inventory
  1. 1 unit = 1 slot (including hero)

Item
Dont think much about this yet
  1. Will be using wc3 normal item
  2. But will be add more item also
  3. Note that the item will be simple, no fancy effect/ability

Quest
Really need help on this, or i just simply copy other people idea / game on quest
  1. This game will be very focused on the quest.
  2. Trying to make somehow like infinite quest with many possible condition to appear.
  3. There will be 2 type of quest which is normal quest and game quest.
  4. Game quest is the scenario of the game, complete all the quest = win (not repeatable)
  5. Normal quest will be other than game quest, usually is repeatable

Guild skill
Not thinking this yet but so far there will be 2 most important skill
  1. Increase maximum guild member
  2. Increase maximum number of quest can be taken at a time

Recruiting guildsmen
So far this will be basic of the recruiting member idea
  1. Recruit many member = more cost since pay salary every time
  2. Recruit member is expensive. not worth to make them die in battle since no revive.
  3. 1st idea is make one type of unit will be on one town.

Extrea feature might looks nice
Any idea or comment?
  1. Guilds do quest together
  2. Guilds war
  3. Boss for each terrain
  4. Outstation - using transport, camping, long journey(quest)

Good thing about this game
Not thinking much about this actually
  1. Not too typical RPG game where control 1 unit at a time
  2. Since no hero level, you can go to anywhere. New player can join other guild exploring to dangerous place.
  3. Plus, on typical RPG, monster are getting weaker when the hero level up. Thus the monster that you kill on lvl 1 will be like no challenge at all when you level 100.This is not happening to this game since no lvlup, only increase in member (might occur where the guild make 2 team and split it to do different quest and thinking of how to make this thing will be "usually happen for high lvl guild")

Progress 1 - 2 July 2009
Well, here is the current progress of the project. I will update in when available
  1. Terrain : 20% (Currently working on it)
  2. Unit & Monster : 0% (Take wc3 default unit, should be OK)
  3. Spells : 0% (Have some idea on this, just don't make it yet, need custom skill but not JASS just using edit wc3 available skill)
  4. System : 0% (Didn't think about this yet)
  5. System, Quest : -50% (I'm absolutely have no idea on this thing, HELP ME! :banghead:)

Map progress
The map is still much to do, but here it is
Terrain : 100%
Ground height : 10%
Monster : 0%
Doodad : 35%

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
Nah! Guyz don't rush so much!

You see how many RPG threads are over here? Like every third thread in Member's Projects is a RPG.. and in all of them I can see.. "Terrain: 20%, System: 0%, Quest: 0%.." and that's not enough for posting.. maybe you have some idea.. everyone has.. but if everyone was posting like every idea he got there would be many threads..

You should post your maps.. when they have something.. not just idea and some terrain what you did in 10 minutes.. I am getting tired of seeing so many ideas for RPGs and not playable one..

Just don't rush.. look how many RPG threads are already abandoned..

No offense :)

(sorry for bad English)

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Nah! Guyz don't rush so much!

You see how many RPG threads are over here? Like every third thread in Member's Projects is a RPG.. and in all of them I can see.. "Terrain: 20%, System: 0%, Quest: 0%.." and that's not enough for posting.. maybe you have some idea.. everyone has.. but if everyone was posting like every idea he got there would be many threads..

You should post your maps.. when they have something.. not just idea and some terrain what you did in 10 minutes.. I am getting tired of seeing so many ideas for RPGs and not playable one..

Just don't rush.. look how many RPG threads are already abandoned..

No offense :)

(sorry for bad English)

My point about not posting my thread of my slowly developing ORPG hahahaha.....

JuiceBox

Reaction score
I'll want to join your project! I am VERY good at GUI. I have made many custom spells with GUI (out of boredom) so I can definitely fill in that spot.

... unless this map has been discontinued?

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Same as Juicebox. I'll also help with quests, the're easy.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.