Rune problem

Karaeski

Reaction score
Hi,i want to make a rune to not spawn more than 1 time,i set every 300 seconds of the game create 1 rune at the selected area,but when it passes 600 seconds or 900 seconds,if none took the rune there are 2 or 3 runes.can you please tell me how to fix it?

TomTTT

Reaction score
Why do you mean by a "Rune"? you mean a rune in a map you make? Please explain further than that cause i didn't understand the problem.

Karaeski

Reaction score
rune like in dota,rune of haste,rune of double damage,rune of restoration etc,which u can find in different places of the map.

DioD

Reaction score
before you create new rune, check existance of prevously created runes, where is problem?

dota check for any rune in rune spawn rect, since runes cant run it work well

TomTTT

Reaction score
rune like in dota,rune of haste,rune of double damage,rune of restoration etc,which u can find in different places of the map.
Oh, so it's pretty simple. You want only 1 rune to be in the game every time?
So you can make a Bolean variable, and do this simple thing:
Trigger:
  • Rune Spawn
    • Events
      • Time - Every 300.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Rune_Exists Not equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Rune_Exists = True
          • Set Point = (Random point in (Playable map area))
          • Item - Create Rune at Point
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point)
        • Else - Actions

If our Bolean (Rune_Exists) isn't true, which means if the rune doesn't exist, then set Rune_Exists to true, since we now make it - setting point to be able to avoid leaks, create the Rune at Point and the custom script to remove point and avoid the leak. Next we need to make sure the Rune_Exists won't stay like that forever when a unit picks it up.
Trigger:
  • Rune Set
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Rune
    • Actions
      • Set Rune_Exists = False

:D

TomTTT

Reaction score
how to do it? i need the true condition

yeah, as i said create a Bolean variable. To create a variable, press Ctrl + B while in the trigger editor to enter the variable editor. From there, you'll see an X button in Green, click it. There you can set the name, type and array. Simply set the name to whatever you want (lets say, like mine, Rune_Exists) and in the drop-down box choose Bolean. Click OK, and we're finished! now in Bolean condition - you'll see it.

Karaeski

Reaction score
here one problem more,when i take the rune it doesnt spawn anymore,i set every 1 second of the game spawn 1 rune of restoration at selected locations,but when u take a rune once,it doesnt spawn anymore.

TomTTT

Reaction score
here one problem more,when i take the rune it doesnt spawn anymore,i set every 1 second of the game spawn 1 rune of restoration at selected locations,but when u take a rune once,it doesnt spawn anymore.
Oh, if you wanted the Rune to spawn immediatly when someone takes it, you need to do something more like Unit - A unit acquires an item, then do a condition to make sure the item type of the item is Rune, then do create. Are you sure you were putting the second trigger about your problem? it should work with no problem.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.