Other Rural Zombie Onslaught 2

Z

Zyphre

I finally have enough time to work on Rural Zombie Onslaught 2. For those who haven't played the first one its a zombie survival type map with emphasis on item creation. I'm hoping to give RZO2 a B-Movie horror/comedy type feel. I've already done most of the core trigger programming and terraining but need ideas for cutscenes, quests and events. If an idea/suggestion gets used in the map I will give credit to whoever posted it.
-Zyphre​

* Update 06/23/07 *
Well im back again for a third time... (Raises flack shields). Well anyways during the past few months development slowly crawled to a halt as I was really really busy with stuff. Anyways, I started back with development again and its going really well. Me and HuskyNinja hope to have a public beta version ready in a week or two!

* Update 02/24/07 *
It looks like my final attempt will meet with SUCCESS! I've had very good luck getting everything to work exactly how I want it, with only a minimal amount of bugs. I have only one more MAJOR bug to swat, and when it is dead, I will be very happy.

* Update 02/21/07 *
I'm am currently working on RZO2 again. The game has gone through MANY MANY remakes while trying to make it stable. I'm not sure if the WC3 engine will ever be able to handle all of the scripting I am putting it it, but i'm going to take one last stab at it before I give up. Oh, and regardless of failure or success I will be posting open source versions of RZO2 after my attempt. An updated feature list is below:

* FEATURES - [X] means completed! *
  • [X] A constant onslaught of brain-hungry zombies!
  • [X] Coded completely in JASS.
  • [X] An immersive storyline thats begins where RZO left off.
  • [X] A focus on Exploration, Replayability, and Teamwork
  • [X] An advanced mutiboard allows you to see the status of your teamates.
  • [X] Totally redone car system with all known bugs fixed.
  • [X] A townsfolk system. Rescue and train townsfolk to do various tasks.
  • [X] A versatile leveling system with 12 different skill sets.
  • [X] A really cool knockback/collision physics engine (Kindof).
  • [X] 2 teams that have to work together to survive: Students and Marines.
  • [X] Players can pick up and move the zombie's objective(The Dispersal Unit).
  • [X] New weapons including melee ones!
  • [X] Random Events and Spawns to make each game unique.
  • [X] An advanced Save/Load/Import System.
  • [X] Stunning cinematics that give RZO2 a B-Movie feel.
  • [ ] Many, many quests.
  • [ ] Alot of eggs, secrets, and other stuff.
  • [X] Uses ZUGS so people can learn how we made it & implement games of their own.

Z

Zyphre

Zugs

** Project Update **
The map script is growing exponentially in size, and is starting to become an unstable blob of code. To combat this problem I've decided to make my own game system called ZUGS (Zyphre's Upgraded Game System). Here is the most recent version: View attachment ZUGS_092B.txt
  • Currently Implemented Features:
  • Zugs Core
  • Enhanced Gamecache
  • Caster System
  • Multiboard Enhancements
  • Knockback System
  • Skill System
  • Item Creation System
  • Vehicle System
  • Save/Load System
  • AI System
  • Weapon System
  • Advanced Cinematics
I might add some non-RZO related stuff to it if anybody has any good ideas.

Z

Zyphre

Well there are going to be airstrikes in the game.... its just that the players have no control over when and where. :)

U

Unregistered

u should add a whole lot of stuff to keep the gameplay fresh. Because when you relesed the first one me and my friend played it from 7pm to 1 or 2am. Don't get me wrong it was still fun after that, it just took a while to be fun again. That what all zombie games like DotD and NotD have in commen. But RZO2 will still be the best evin if you dont keep the gameplay 100% fresh every time.

Z

Zyphre

Replay value is definately one of the major focuses of RZO2. The first thing we did was decided to randomize almost everthing in the game; From Zombie, Item and Vehicle Spawns to Missions and Radio Events. Secondly we decided that the players need more choices while playing so we've added more weapons and changed the gameplay a bit to allow the players to move thier "base" around at will. The third thing we decided to do was add ALOT of eggs to RZO2. Finally, we decided to shorten the length of the game to 1 hour. All these things should hopefully combine to make a highly replayable game. Oh and I've updated the feature list from my first post to show current/planned features for RZO2.

U

_Unregister

I have a segestion. What about makeing a part of the map that you can only acess once you learn to build a boat. I dont know why you would want to go there but im shure you could think of something cool to do with it.

P.S. can you post it on a website to download on. and post on this page once the game is finished. Really looking fowored to it!

E

Echo-Rider

Zyphre can you send me the map when it is finished or links to sites its on so i can down load it my friends and i have completed the game are level 50.
i also have some suggestions:
please get rid of the car bug when u get in to a car some times u dissapear.
raise the max level so you can have every ability possible once u are at max level.
My clan and I really think RZO original was kick ass and look forward to the RZO2 with great excitement.
Echo
if u need me i am in Northerend and whisper Echo-Rider

hi_im_bob

......and you are?
Reaction score
I have played both RZO and NOTD, I like them both but there is one huge flaw! I found that if you have 2+ players that have no idea what they are doing you are screwed. I don't know if you can really fix that but that might be something to look into.

master maste

Reaction score
i agree with bob, make a new trigger system that changes teh amount of enemys depending on teh amount of players. :)

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Zyphre can you send me the map when it is finished or links to sites its on so i can down load it my friends and i have completed the game are level 50.
i also have some suggestions:
please get rid of the car bug when u get in to a car some times u dissapear.
raise the max level so you can have every ability possible once u are at max level.
My clan and I really think RZO original was kick ass and look forward to the RZO2 with great excitement.
Echo
if u need me i am in Northerend and whisper Echo-Rider

I don't think you're gonna get that map very easily. Zyphre hasn't been on since August 5th. People must be forgeting their passwords these days :rolleyes:.

E

Echo-Rider

do you have the mapt thanatos??????
and do u know if Zyphre has an email address

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
No and no.

Here's the first map if you haven't got it yet: (Rural Zombie Onslaught I)

Link: http://www.epicwar.com/maps/1305/

The second map has unknown whereabouts so you have to seek it yourself.

But the map IS protected. How do I know? I found a hacking forum that wants to unprotect this map because they said that this map was so good.

E

Echo-Rider

can u give me that link please

YO can u give me the link to that forum
or can u help me find the game i am not having much luck it turns up dead ends for me could u have a go please.
thanks.
Echo.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
I meant that Rural Zomie Onslaught was protected not the second one! And no, I will not show you the forum. It supports deprotecting maps like deprotecting DotA or Rural Zombie Onslaught 1.

Maybe if you search for "Zyphre" on the internet, you may see forums he's been into. If you're lucky, you can find him active on some forums.

E

Echo-Rider

I meant that Rural Zomie Onslaught was protected not the second one! And no, I will not show you the forum. It supports deprotecting maps like deprotecting DotA or Rural Zombie Onslaught 1.

Maybe if you search for "Zyphre" on the internet, you may see forums he's been into. If you're lucky, you can find him active on some forums.
thanks i wouldnt deprotect it i just wanted to finde Zyphre i dont do hacking i disagree with deprotecting maps and hacking ok

T

TheLostOrc

Intreasting. I played the first RZO, and i thought it was pretty fun. The storyline wasn't too bad either, but i have to say the best part of the whole game was the various skills you had. Each team member could speclize in a catergory improving survivablity of the scientist. However things i found annoying was:

-You needed to defend him for 2 hours. Life calls before you can finish.
-The Radio came kind of late in the game, didnt get to experince its specials it had.
-The barricades had no pathing map, which is kind of cheap considering you could surrond the scientist with thorn barricades making it impossible for any Zombie to attack him.
- The peasent voice, Ack! I wanted to change the voice of your Hero, but your maps protected (Nothing wrong with that) and i find the peasents voice to be extermely annoying.
- Zombie roamers would run away from you everytime you killed one.

L

lordsunwolf

god the amount of hours i spent on that map it so rocked got to lv 46 after many tries me and a clan completed we had to give our unit control too one person cos the lag was sooo bad for the rest of us to reload had loads of fun on it was kinda annoyed by the ending :) we all were glad to hear the car bugs are being fixed as eventually we learnt which cars not to get into and mysteriously dissapear

L

lordsunwolf

the radio was ok gave you a few extra npc's and told you a bomb was going to go off in the city being able to make a flame thrower would of been good roamers all you had to do was shoot them and they died the problem with the map is if you get a load of un experianced people and have to always search for materials and things

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.