Sacrifice Acolyte...another unit?

nabbig2

Reaction score
There is no field in the object editor in the Sacrifice ability to change the unit. Is there a way to do it in triggers, but so that it still trains another unit that is being sacrificed? Thanks.

nabbig2

Reaction score
I don't think you get what I mean. I want the sacrificial pit to be able to sacrifice, for example, a knight, or another unit.

Polak

I am cool.
Reaction score
Exactly, so go to the object editor and find the unit you want to be able to be sacrificed. Then at the top look for Abilities-Normal and select Sacrifice (Acolyte). This will now give the unit the Sacrifice ability.
Make sure the building that will be doing the sacrificing has the Sacrifice (Sacrificial Pit) ability.

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
As far as I know, sacrifice can be used to sacrifice any unit. Unfortunately the result of the sacrifice will always be Shades

What you can do is replace the shade when it comes into play. Create a trigger somewhere along the lines of
Code:
SacrificeReplacer
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Shade
    Actions

nabbig2

Reaction score
EDIT: Okay now i see your post Bob. Well, do you think there is a way so that when a knight is sacrificed, there will be a new unit, but also acolytes can be turned into shades?

kiogra

Reaction score
EDIT: Okay now i see your post Bob. Well, do you think there is a way so that when a knight is sacrificed, there will be a new unit, but also acolytes can be turned into shades?

Code:
SacrificeReplacer
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters Region 000<gen>
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Knight
    Actions
         Create 1 (Your Unit) for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable Map Area))

You wanted something like that?

nabbig2

Reaction score
No, I want it so that if I use Sacrifice on a Knight, it turns into lets say Unit B. But I also want the original sacrifice ability, that can be used to turn Acolytes into Shades.

EDIT: Oh I see what you mean by the region. Well I wish I could make it so that the sacrificial pit still targets the Knight, if that is possible.

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
Apparantly sacrificing actually works like training units.

Here are two example triggers that will give different output units depending on the building used
Code:
Sacrifical Barrack
    Events
        Unit - A unit Finishes training a unit
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Barracks
        (Unit-type of (Trained unit)) Equal to Shade
    Actions
        Unit - Replace (Trained unit) with a Knight using The old unit's relative life and mana
Code:
Sacrifical Workshop
    Events
        Unit - A unit Finishes training a unit
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Workshop
        (Unit-type of (Trained unit)) Equal to Shade
    Actions
        Unit - Replace (Trained unit) with a Siege Engine using The old unit's relative life and mana

To make the same building type able to accept different sacrifices for different output units, you will have to use an attachment system. PUI would be the best choice in my opinion. Shouldn't be too hard to use with GUI either.

Use the event 'Starts the effect of an ability' and check for the Sacrifice (Acolyte) ability (or custom abilities with it as base). Attach which ability was used to the building, so you'll know which unit to replace with when the training is finished.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.