Save/Load Code

N

Nezgibs

what u mean by item duplication? as in if u load a hero, give its items to another hero, save the new one, and now have a double of all the items? if so then like what defiance did in his would probly work, if u drop the item it gets destroyed or hide everyones inventories from everyone elses so u cant drag and drop an item to someone else.

D

Dark_Onix

Naminator_X_ said:
Guys i have little error here...i save my char...it save it's awesome good work Effane...so let's go to problem...first i copy and paste everything with the variables(WE function you know :) ) and test the map i saved it and restart...i type load code but nothing...i told my self hmm...let's see the triggers...i saw the trigger that spawns the hero...i had change the region to existing one but...when i load it up...my hero didn't spawns anywhere...oh and i copy only the SaveLoadEngine category....

Sorry for my bad english :(

EDIT: here is the link to my map.If anyone want's to see what i had done http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=42728

Me too,i got exactly same problem with it...

Vulcansurge

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
We all need help...

Effane thanks for the code first off its great that you can spend so long on something just to help people. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm having problems (if you havent already guessed) with what eggz was talking about before... I think I'm close but... :confused:

My map uses the conventional Wisp-walks-over-Circle-of-Power-and-Hero-Appears thing, but your method involves getting a random hero from your list... I changed few things around but i think ive either made it worse, or im close to what I need. Please explain what I should do... If you can get the time :D ...

Also while I'm here I've just added the variables to my map... but... I've realised some of the array values are odd numbers like 4 or 10 (i'm going to check this in your FAQ i just thought i might say it now instead of double posting...)

The main problem with the above is i need to know weather to change it depending on how many players im having (10 atm) or if its to do with how many heros i've stored (im thinking around 8-ish)... The variables i thought i might have to change are:

-SaveLoadHasLoaded
-SaveLoadPlayerHeroSingle
-SaveLoadEncryptionSet

I've attached my map so in case you need a reference and I hope this part makes sense to you... :confused: Thanks.

WackO_WilL

Reaction score
Can you make a Perminant load code for the same person? Because i hate how the way they give you a new one every game, I got like 5 sheet fulls of old codes. and the only time some one makes a new code is when they have a diffrent hero than before?and can you save and load what youve discovered on the minimap?

Vulcansurge

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Hrmmm

Unfortunatley the Save\Load code doesnt work like that... Because each time you save, the items, levels and abilities on your hero change... :rolleyes:

The easiest way to save and load, is to make your RPG single player, and let them use the save system built into WC3, (in the menu F10)

Jonhpath

Reaction score
Vulcansurge is right, the save code dont work but for me is realy dont work
i mean: i changeed the Set SaveLoadHeroesStored[2] = Archmage by Set SaveLoadHeroesStored[2] = Dark Ranger (a costom hero of my map) and when i save it give me a code but when i load it dont load my hero but it say that it did.

K

Kain

Dam

I used This tutorial for my map Legacy Of Kain RPG((Great Tutorial!)) and i when i put save it put code((I Changed basics like item Soul Reaver, Slot 1; = 8th number s or wutever)) and it puts a load code but whenever i load it it says Load Successful, but nothing happens
:banghead:

Vulcansurge

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Hero Targeting Thing

This happens because your save code doesnt know where its getting its informations from. It doesnt automatically read your mind and find the specific unit you want to load, you have to tell it. The trigger is in Effane's original map, and in his FAQ... So go back there and have a look. :)

Now obviously Effane isnt posting here anymore, so we need someone else who understands this well to take over for us. Any volunteers?

K

Kain

Well

I did i put in the save thingy when the unit types -save(RED) as kain etc....
i dunno wuts up:banghead: :nuts:

K

Kain

oops

Oops i meant when player 1 ((red)) types -save
:eek:
i put for characters to load or whatever as;
Young Kain((Blood Omen))
Kain
Raziel
Vampire Hunter((Blood Omen 1 && 2, Soul Reaver 1 && 2))

Vulcansurge

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I have no idea wat your talking about...

Seriously it sounds a bit strange, have you assigned certain colours to certain heroes? U said -save(RED) works only for Kain... Wat if when they load again they can only be red if they saved a Kain character??

Effanes original concept was for it to work on a selectinbo of heros... I mean it could work but u cant just directly copy his -random trigger. Its going to have to look like this.

EVENTS:
PLayer (red) types load as an exact match

COND.:
- None -

ACTIONS:
Wait 2.00 seconds (give time for the stuff to work its magic)
Set SaveLoadFocus to Unit in (Any region around where he just spawned)

I havent read into this bit thoughaly because I'm still waiting on Effane to answer another question, but this should give some idea. Where has that bugger gone btw?

K

Kain

didnt work

hey ugh can u try to fix the trigger? dont mess wit other stuff this is an earlier version
actually i need helphow do i attach it!?!

Vulcansurge

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
To be honest... I can't help you without seeing ur map... Do you think u could attach it on your next post? If its too big to fit on TheHelpers limited quota (aargh) try using www.box.net (1gb for free)... Upload it then get the URL link by right-clicking and finding the Public Link option.

K

Kain

and i also need a trigger so only a unit<certain unit> can pick up an item <Certian item>

Vulcansurge

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
ok do the follow for the next post u send ok?

- you dont want to do a quick reply post, so below this post here u need to click on 'post reply'.

- this should take you to a much more advanced posting system (im sorry if this sounds retarded but i dont want to leave out any details just in case)

- after you type your message in the box, scroll down to the additional options, where you'll find a clicky-box thing which says manage attachments

- assuming you have no attachments already, there should be enough quota (your own space for putting stuff on thehelper.net) for your map. find the 'upload files from your computer' section and click browse...

- find your map... double click... then click on the 'upload' button right of the text box. The file(s) will begin uploading...

- wait until the job is finished (you'll be able to tell...). If at the very top of that window says something like "<MAP NAME> is too large to fit into your quota, well then you'll have to tell me... I'll help you from there. IF IT WORKS... then go back to the message your typing, and click submit reply...

I HOPE THIS IS ENOUGH INFORMATION FOR YOU...:rolleyes:

M

martin1710

Saving without pen and paper?

This seems like a really thorough thread on savecodes!! I was wondering if there is a way to save without requiring the user to scribble down the savecode on a piece of paper...? Pen and paper puts a natural limitation to how much data can be saved. It seems impossible access the filesystem or a URL or anything from inside warcraft. One idea I got is to print the savecode to screen, ask the user to do a screen dump and then provide an external tool that can parse the screendump and extract the savecode. When loading the user could simply use windows cut-paste to paste in the long savecode. Paste seems to work fine inside warcraft.

Any feedback/ suggestions?

Thanks,

Martin

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.