Selectable dummy unit help!

wilze

Reaction score
Hey!

Question: How do I make a selectable and invisable dummy unit? Because when I add the "_" string to the "Art - Model" section it's not selectable...

Thanks for any help!

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
create a .txt file in notepad, delete the .txt, and replace it with .mdx, import that and use it as the model, it will be a blank model, but you should be able to select the unit via triggers

wilze

Reaction score
But I want the player to be able to select the unit ingame. Is that possible?

GFreak45

Reaction score
well you could give it the permanent invisibility ability, which renders the unit permanently invisible (appart from casts and attacks which reveal it temporarily based on the fade time of the ability)

But then the model would be visible to the owner, is that more what you were looking for?

wilze

Reaction score
What I want is for it to be invisable to everyone but still selectable. How can I do that?

GFreak45

Reaction score
???
so you want people to randomly click to select the unit or were you trying to recreate phantom assassin?
set your unit to a variable and replace YourUnitvariable in the custom script below with your unit variables name
this will make the model invisible and the unit selectable, but the shadow of the unit will still be visible if it has a shadow
Trigger:
  • Custom Script: call SetUnitVertexColor(udg_YourUnitVariable, 255, 255, 255, 0)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.