Setting Max Gold to 1Billion

aphotica

Reaction score
Hello
I was just wondering how I would go about changing the Max Gold to 1,000,000,000 in stead of 1,000,000 (default). I have checked this in the Game Play Constants, but could only find "Gold Mine-Max Gold-(Integer)." I have also tried making a trigger but was unable to find the settings to make it. Could someone please help me?

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
I don't believe that can be done. What you see alot of maps doing instead is having it so that when a player reaches their maximum gold amount, they receive 1 lumber, and they make 1 lumber represent 1 million.

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
you could just do a multiboard representing how much millions a player has got, im not sure how you would check it but it could work.

Choppa

www.warcraft-gamers.po.gs
Reaction score
you could just do a multiboard representing how much millions a player has got, im not sure how you would check it but it could work.

Code:
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Trigger - Add to (This trigger) the event (Player - Player 1 (Red)'s Current gold becomes Not equal to cvar_gold)
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to (String(cvar_gold))

Eh?

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
You could do like how Hero Line Wars Custom does it, and use 1 lumber for every 200k. The player's gold is stored in an integer array.

--->Integer, btw. About cvar_gold.

aphotica

Reaction score
I'm not too sure how they do it.. maybe someone could make the trigger on a map and post it for me? I'm sort of confused, been working on this for a while

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Code:
Untitled Trigger 002
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red)'s Current gold becomes Greater than or equal to 200000.00
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player - Set Player 1 (Red) Current gold to ((Player 1 (Red) Current gold) - 2000000)
        Player - Set Player 1 (Red) Current lumber to 1

aphotica

Reaction score
The thing is I cant have players have lumber, because then they can build another race. It would be like a cheat if they had lumber

aphotica

Reaction score
How does converting it to lumber do anything though? They need Gold to send units and their income makes their gold grow higher and higher.. I want it to be able to go past 1 million

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Because the lumber acts as a placeholder for 200,000 gold.
If the player's current gold >= 200,001, the game takes away 200,000 gold, and gives them 1 lumber.
If the player's current gold = 0 gold, if they have a lumber, the game takes away 1 lumber, and gives them 200,000 gold.

Reaction score
Yeah, what I suggest is do, when a player has greater than 2*X amount of gold, convert X amount of gold into one lumber. Then when the player drops below X amount of gold, restore one lumber.

Choppa

Reaction score
Because the lumber acts as a placeholder for 200,000 gold.
If the player's current gold >= 200,001, the game takes away 200,000 gold, and gives them 1 lumber.
If the player's current gold = 0 gold, if they have a lumber, the game takes away 1 lumber, and gives them 200,000 gold.

So this means you can't have anything that costs more then 200k right?

aphotica

Reaction score
Oh ok, thats cool. I'll try that, but does anyone know how to just make it show that you have over 1,000,000 gold? I'm sure there must be some way to do this

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
So this means you can't have anything that costs more then 200k right?
You can easily make the gold convert to lumber at 900k if you wanted...
And also, if something costs more then 200k, you can just easily make it cost X lumber and X gold...
Easily solved..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.