Not open for further replies.

Tonks

Reaction score
◘ Turtle Tag ◘

Map name
Turtle Tag

Platform
Frozen Throne
(a modified version will be created for Reign of Chaos.)

Creator
Tky Productions (Just me)

BETA or Release
Not yet Available

Current Version
Pre-Release Beta Testing

Summary
A tag-styled map, including new features and improvements from generic tag maps.

Runners harvest wood and gold to build. Gold is harvested from "Hotspots" around the map, which are generated randomly each game.

The taggers are heroes with several custom abilities each. When you are randomly selected as a tagger, you get a unit to choose your tagger hero with.

Features
· Balanced Tagger and Runner gameplay in an attempt to make Tagger more enjoyable.

· AI System for Computer and Leaver's taggers.

· Turtles!

· Random selection of four taggers.

- Gameplay Modes: Choose between several different styles of gameplay.
The concept is based largely on diversity. There will be five styles of gameplay, several of which can be activated together: Classic, Swap, Speed Game, Runtag, and Freeze.

Swap and Freeze may not be used together. Speedgame and Freeze may not be used together.

Classic: (this is the default style)
Runners are released thirty seconds before taggers. Runners can build structures to block / create a fort (note that anything you build can not immobilize or completely screw over a tagger). There are 11 different types of buildings. Runners can buy upgrades for themselves and auras to aid allies. Resources are harvested by several means; Steel is gathered from randomly placed steel beds by the runner. Lumber is gathered from trees and returned to Lumber Depo's.
When killed, runners become taggers along with the initial taggers. The tagged players are weaker than the initial taggers, but can improve with time and items.

Speed Game:
Increased runner / tagger movement speeds. Shorter survival time. Stronger taggers. Buildings build faster. Upgrades train faster. Just a more hectic for of Classic.

Runtag:
You may only build ten walls at a time. When you build your sixteenth wall, your oldest wall is destroy automatically. This mode promotes more of a faster, on-your-feet, style of gameplay, rather than sitting in a large fort you construct.

Trap Tag:
Runners use traps, rather than buildings, to evade the taggers. Traps include, but are not limited to, things like Stun, Slow, Silence, Blind, etc..

Different modes to determine what happens when you're tagged:

Swap:
Entirely the same as Classic, excluding being tagged. When tagged, runners swap places with the tagger that tagged them. This mode promotes more of a mini-game style of gameplay, since there would be no goal except to try to stay as a runner.

Freeze:
When tagged, the runners are frozen until unfrozen by fellow runners. To unfreeze a teammate, you must first buy the unfreeze ability from your Upgrade Depo. You can only use the unfreeze ability once, then you must buy it again.

Progress
Terrain:
? (Being done by others.)
Triggers:
|||||||||| (40%)
Balancing:
|||||||||| (0%)

Images

Images will be uploaded in due time.​

I need ideas on how to improve gameplay, new ideas, new styles, anything you think of!

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
Well, this is sorta obvious, but maybe you can include a Freeze Tag option?
When the tagger tags the runner, the runner is frozen until another runner uses the ability "Unfreeze" on the player.

There really isn't much you can add to a tag game, other than modes...

Perhaps you can include different "Tagger" modes, for example:
Voting: Players vote on who is the tagger.
Random: A tagger is chosen at random.
Host: The tagger is the host.

Tonks

Reaction score
Well, this is sorta obvious, but maybe you can include a Freeze Tag option?
When the tagger tags the runner, the runner is frozen until another runner uses the ability "Unfreeze" on the player.

I have a feeling that that would become really boring, since all the taggers would be doing is killing the same people over and over again. And, that's essentially what happens in tag maps like Sheeptag, they're frozen and put in the middle.

There really isn't much you can add to a tag game, other than modes...

I really want to avoid just putting in a whole load of modes, since that would really just turn it into a sort of minigame, and it would have no real - style - per say.

Perhaps you can include different "Tagger" modes, for example:
Voting: Players vote on who is the tagger.
Random: A tagger is chosen at random.
Host: The tagger is the host.

I've made it so that the taggers are chosen at random from all players.

Thanks for the feedback :)

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
This could be a great tag map, but..
1. You missed who are the Taggers
2. Uhh...
3. Well nothing really..
4. Oh yeah, You missed if they have abilties and/or are heroes..

And is it in an underwater world?
If it is, then you should try the Underwater Tutorial Terraining thing..

It would be weird that (Giant) Turtles get/eat wood and make into something really high tech =P (for them). Maybe if you make it underwater world, change wood to coral, or something..

-- IM NOT SUGESTING THAT IT SHOULD BE WATERWORLD, SO DONT TRY SAYING TO PPL THAT IT WAS ME SUGGESTION IF YOU THINK I WAS FORCIN YOU TO MAKE UNDERWATER THEME (WHICH I THINK YOU WOULD NOT)--

pheonixashes

Reaction score
How about you make a changing area?

For example, every few seconds, a number of trees are destroyed, opening new paths, and a number of trees are regrown, closing old paths.

That way, it wouldn't do too much good to know the map really well, since the area keeps changing.

Tonks

Reaction score
This could be a great tag map, but..
1. You missed who are the Taggers
2. Uhh...
3. Well nothing really..
4. Oh yeah, You missed if they have abilties and/or are heroes..

1. - I'm not sure what you mean.
4. - I described that situation, now. Taggers have several custom abilities each.

And is it in an underwater world?
If it is, then you should try the Underwater Tutorial Terraining thing..

I'm not going to make it underwater. I already have several people attempting to create an Island / Tropic terrain for me. :)

It would be weird that (Giant) Turtles get/eat wood and make into something really high tech =P (for them). Maybe if you make it underwater world, change wood to coral, or something..

They won't be make really high tech things, I'm going to try to keep it to relatively simple buildings, when the building mode is on, so that runners have to rely more on skill of evasion than skill of massing.

Typo? and Glad to see you like my traps idea =)

Thanks for pointing that out, fixed it.

How about you make a changing area?

For example, every few seconds, a number of trees are destroyed, opening new paths, and a number of trees are regrown, closing old paths.

That way, it wouldn't do too much good to know the map really well, since the area keeps changing.

I may do that, but it would be every few minutes, probably every 7 minutes, that that happened.

Thank you all for the feedback, and keep it coming! :)

denmax

Reaction score
What i mean is, what are the taggers? Still turtles or hunters? Or somthin..

Anyway, about what pheonixashes said,
Maybe you should make it Random Time Number than Every 7 minutes fixed. And make also the regrow/deforest trees random as well (THE USE OF RANDOM INTEGER VARIABLE), to make the map more challenging and hard to memorize.

And in the start, will the taggers be scattered, or more like in tree tag that meteors crash then golem come out? I mean, will the taggers go out in an elapsed time? If you still don understand, i R a (FuKiN) n0oB, at english =P

Edit: Wait, wouldn't swap tag be endless?
And maybe you should make a shop only for taggers and only for Toortols =P. Preventing having the same item with the tagger if ur a toortol and preventing with same item with toortols if ur a tagger.

Tonks

Reaction score
What i mean is, what are the taggers? Still turtles or hunters? Or somthin..

There are multiple types taggers. They're custom models. I have yet to think of a race name. Right now they're just "Turtle Poachers."

Anyway, about what pheonixashes said,
Maybe you should make it Random Time Number than Every 7 minutes fixed. And make also the regrow/deforest trees random as well (THE USE OF RANDOM INTEGER VARIABLE), to make the map more challenging and hard to memorize.

I could do that, though I've decided the number will always be greater than 10, and no bases in the forest will be compromised.

And in the start, will the taggers be scattered, or more like in tree tag that meteors crash then golem come out? I mean, will the taggers go out in an elapsed time? If you still don understand, i R a (FuKiN) n0oB, at english =P

I know what you mean. I haven't decided yet how that will be done.

Edit: Wait, wouldn't swap tag be endless?
And maybe you should make a shop only for taggers and only for Toortols =P. Preventing having the same item with the tagger if ur a toortol and preventing with same item with toortols if ur a tagger.

I don't intend to have items or shops. Certainly not in the first version, at least (though I may later add a chat-based shop for taggers).

denmax

Reaction score
Suggestion,
After you pick what type of tag you like, how about giving an extra gameplay and creates another dialog that has the following extras:

1.NO EXTRA - No extra gameplay.

2.Lazy Mode - Makes the taggers and also the Toortols slower and bigger (fatter) than usual, but will increase the game time.

3.Haste Mode - Makes the taggers and also the Toortols faster and slimmer than usual, but will decrease the total game time.

4.Second Chance - After the Toortol is being tagged, he will be given a second chance and will spawn randomly on the map after 5 seconds of his death... (ok what do you call it when you are tagged?)

5.Big Resource Mode - Slightly increases both the resources at start and also increases the gaining of resources..

6.Lack Resource Mode - Completly decreases both resources and slightly decreases the gaining of resources..

Oninuva

Reaction score
LoL Big and Lack? Lazy and Haste.. Wtf??

and lol what are toortols...

+repz!

Feel Free to Delete This Post, If you feel it is needed to be.

Tonks

Reaction score
Suggestion,
After you pick what type of tag you like, how about giving an extra gameplay and creates another dialog that has the following extras:

1.NO EXTRA - No extra gameplay.

2.Lazy Mode - Makes the taggers and also the Toortols slower and bigger (fatter) than usual, but will increase the game time.

3.Haste Mode - Makes the taggers and also the Toortols faster and slimmer than usual, but will decrease the total game time.

4.Second Chance - After the Toortol is being tagged, he will be given a second chance and will spawn randomly on the map after 5 seconds of his death... (ok what do you call it when you are tagged?)

5.Big Resource Mode - Slightly increases both the resources at start and also increases the gaining of resources..

6.Lack Resource Mode - Completly decreases both resources and slightly decreases the gaining of resources..

I don't think that those are necessary, since they are only small changes from normal gameplay, and would not have very much effect on the map at all. It would just be a bit more annoying selecting of modes.

pheonixashes

Reaction score
How about let players choose what type of turtle they want to be in the beginning?

For example, a Green Turtle (A smaller turtle) would have more speed, but less defence and HP.
A Red Turtle would have less speed, but its buildings would build faster.
A Blue (flying) Turtle would have the cons of both, but be able to swim/fly for a short amount of time, or something.

And for the traps part, here are a few more trap ideas:
Runners:
Weaken: Taggers lose mana constantly for the next few seconds.
Blight (Not the terrain blight): Tagger loses X mana.
Voodoo: Tagger turns into a sheep/critter.
Prison: Tagger is surrounded by a wall, can still use abilities.
Terror: Tagger loses ability to attack for X seconds.

Tonks

Reaction score
Thank you much. You've all been a good help.

I will use the different turtles concept, but modify it slightly.

I will use the traps, but I am not sure if I will implement Traps Mode in the first release.

Tonks

Reaction score
if the runners are turtles they should be kinda slow...just opinions

I don't know about that. In my opinion, gameplay is more exciting if it can be played in the runtag style, which means the runner would have to be fast.

Turnip

Reaction score
Creator
Tky Productions (Just me)

Progress
Terrain:
? (Being done by others.)

I don't know if this was said already, because I am too tired to read the topic. Just, I don't know, something tells me something here doesn't look right.

By the way, the map idea is great, but what will seperate it from other tag maps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.