Sight Range

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Is there a way to set a unit's sight range temporarily. Using upgrades isn't an option. Any ideas?

canons200

Reaction score
increase sight range for unit? this is hardcode.............normal trigger don't provide such function unless that is for player.

i think the closed result would be when the unit casts some spell, create dummy and add ability orc - detector sentry ward. as the unit move, move the dummy as well.

Shura

Reaction score
You could have all unit's sight range very short at the beginning, and have sight range given by dummy units. Then you can replace the dummy unit with one with shorter sight range to decrease the unit's sight range.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Well, that would be difficult as all units would require their sight being provided by a dummy unit.

canons200

Reaction score
You could have all unit's sight range very short at the beginning, and have sight range given by dummy units. Then you can replace the dummy unit with one with shorter sight range to decrease the unit's sight range.

yeah but it will have kinda a lot of work. If it is survivor game, set player sight range will be easy. But just only specific unit............if jass have such action, that is, if not, sorry, can't find alternative method.

Maybe try to replace your unit with new unit with you activate the spell?

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
yeah but it will have kinda a lot of work. If it is survivor game, set player sight range will be easy. But just only specific unit............if jass have such action, that is, if not, sorry, can't find alternative method.

Maybe try to replace your unit with new unit with you activate the spell?

Not possible, for heroes that is. By player sight range, do you mean Vision Modifier?

canons200

Reaction score
Not possible, for heroes that is. By player sight range, do you mean Vision Modifier?

yup, vision modifier
EDIT
since it is hero, i think it will be easy for adding the orc - detection ability. Because there are much less work to do as compared to mass unit.

Sartan

Reaction score
oh srry my bad, i meant: "Item Sight Range Bonus"
it has a value you can set to negative

may not be working... haven't tested.

Tom_Kazansky

--- wraith it ! ---
Reaction score
a note that: many levels Item Sight Range Bonus has a bug like Item Life Bonus or Item Mana Bonus.
It gives permanent sight range and increase/descrease sight range when the bonus is negative/positive

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.