Silk Weave

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Silk Weave​
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned

This is a story about a young woman living in modern day Sydney where she discovers a strange power to control spiders. The question becomes, how will this play out? What will happen with her?​

Chapters
:

Prologue
“Some men are alive simply because it is against the law to kill them.”
Prologue

“Some men are alive simply because it is against the law to kill them.”
–Edward W. Howe

----- ----- -----

Four, Five, Six, Seven…

There were seven spider webs around the house that were visible. Some were large with multiple spiders living in the one web. But perhaps most interesting was what could be found in the garage and under the shed.

There was a small burrow under the shed sheltered a fairly large sized male funnel-web spider. A dangerous fiend; it lays trip wires around its burrow and rushes out to feast when appropriate prey crosses one such as insects and small lizards. The spider enjoyed the shed because of the cool, humid area it has nested in. Females and young funnel web spiders are not as venomous as their male counterpart.

The garage held a small web under the stairs in the corner. It was out of the way, but living in it was a female red back spider. This spider is small but very toxic to humans – well, the female is. Males have small fangs unable to penetrate a humans skin. Though, a red back is a member of the widow family of spiders. Perhaps more commonly known is the black widow. When a red back spider mates the male will sacrifices itself to the female. The way it should be. That is why this is my favorite spider.

I rested back on my bed, starring at the wall and watching the huntsman spider crawl around. My mom wants to get it out of the house and even called for a professional. She said that she wanted it out of my room. I have told her I don’t mind it, but she won’t hear any of that. Though, I have a good feeling – no, I know that the huntsman won’t be here when the murderer comes for it. Life was not always like this. There was a time when a spider would scare me, but that all changed those few years ago…

----- ----- -----

Ami. She was my best friend growing up. We would talk about many things, our weddings, the boys we liked, and her parents – and my mom. Life was simple for us. We were not one of the popular kids, but we were not the kids who got picked on day after day. I haven’t spoken to Ami in over a year, she moved out of town. Her father had died two years ago when we were only fifteen years old.

She was upset at the time, her mom wept for a few weeks before she met someone who could ‘get’ her over the internet. She quickly packed her bags and took off to him on the next flight. Ami resented the man feeling that he was taking advantage of her mom. I knew he was. He was a man, and they were all the same. Every last one of them.

When Ami left I wasn’t sure what to do with myself. I was in high school then, only a grade nine and had no one to talk to, no one to lean on. Some say that’s why I dress as I do. I wear all black, a stereo typical ‘Goth kid’. They may be right – but it doesn’t matter when it comes down to it.

It is said that you are the creation of your environment, that the people around you determine who you are, who you will become. I often wonder where I would be if things had been different. Would I be like this? Would I have this gift?

----- ----- -----
Ami wasn’t at school today. She is probably home with a cold, she was sneezing and coughing yesterday. I had always gotten a ride home with Ami and her dad, though on the days when she was sick I would walk home. Our high school was a fairly long walk home, around twenty-five minutes. I didn’t mind much. I enjoyed the time to just walk and think. Except for today.

When I walked out of the school there was the ever familiar deep blue car parked. I would know the car from a mile away. It was Ami’s fathers. I went over to great him and ask what he was doing here. I had told him that Ami wasn’t at school and re responded simple by stating her came to drive me home. I took the ride that I was ever so accustomed to.

----- ----- -----

When I finally came through all I could see was trees and bushes. I was outside of the city by the looks of it. I reached down and pushed myself up. Under may hand I felt something strange, it was a spiders web. I quickly jumped up and started to shake my hand violently. Then I stopped. I could see a black house spider crawling up my arm, time seemed to slow down at that moment, and perhaps it did. But the spider seemed to rear its head back for a bite. I let out a huge scream, one I had never thought I could. The spider seemed to stop when I did it.

I began to feel light headed. Suddenly, it felt as if I was shrinking, the world was getting bigger around me. Everything began to change, no, it was my vision. Finally, I was looking into my own eyes! I went to scream again, but nothing. I was on my arm, I was the spider. I wasn’t sure what was happening. Everything was so different. I thought for a moment then I began to wander as the spider, I crawled off my arm, and thinking back, I realize how strange that sounds.

I went into the forest deeper, every leaf, everyone, every root. I used to just ignore them, but not now they seemed an obstacle to overcome. I missed my body, I didn’t know what happened. Finally I came across a hollow log and took shelter in it. I began to think. How did I get here? What happened? Then, it all came back to me, everything that had happened up to here. I realized now. I wanted to cry, to scream, but couldn’t. Or could I? The surge of emotions overwhelmed me.

With a sudden flash I was back in my body, my human body. I was lying on the ground, crying wailing like a banshee. I didn’t stop until there was nothing left to cry, no strength to scream. It took two hours before I brought myself home. I looked like a mess. I slammed through the door and went strait to my room. My mom wasn’t home yet, she always worked late. This was the first time I was glad about that. I could never face her like this – never let her see me like this. Never.

----- ----- -----

I watched the body in front of me. It was breathing heavily, finally becomes conscious. My had was raised with a spider web going all around my hand and arm. Five red backs crawled over the web.

The man whom lay in front of me couldn’t move. His feet had been viciously attacked by brown trap door spiders. They were sore and swollen. He could not stand on them. The pain would have been to intense. In fact, those brown trap door spiders were crawling around him. I approached him.

“Well, its nice to see you again.” I played with my webbed arm in his face.

He tried to get up but his feet were in too much pain. He reached for me but one of the spiders circling him bit his arm pit and arm. “Ah, ah, ah, no touching.”

“What are you doing to me? What’s going on?!”

“Well now. I’m just doing what is needed. Stains need to be washed away. That’s what I am doing.” The spiders began to make a chattering sound. “Well, me and my friends here.”

“Friends?! They are insects, spiders no less! How can they be your friends?” One of the brown trap door spiders went to bite his face, I quickly called it off. The man looked at me in horrified awe. “You, you can control them?!”

I smirked. “Of course.”

“What are you doing to me? Why me? Aren’t I like a father to you?!”

“A father? No. You are despicable. Ami would be quite upset with her father. Yes, she would.” I reached down close to him and the red backs started to crawl off onto him. “You made me who I am.” He looked at me, begging for forgiveness. I had none. “I was just a child, I still am. But now, I am a child who can take care of them self. You took advantage of me that day. I remember everything.”

The red back spiders began to bite him all over. He reached to kill them but the other spiders were attacking his arms. His entire body was covered in bites and swelling. “I am afraid that you time. No, your life. Has come to an end.” He couldn’t even respond, the spider had attacked his neck. Slowly he faded away. He closed his eyes and let out one final gasp.

My name is Lilith. This is my life, my story.
Chapter I
"The real test of friendship is: can you literally do nothing with the other person? Can you enjoy those moments of life that are utterly simple?"
Chapter I
"The real test of friendship is: can you literally do nothing with the other person? Can you enjoy those moments of life that are utterly simple? "
–Eugene Kennedy

“Are you serious? Jason? He has that strange accent, doesn’t he?” Oh, Ami. She never understood my taste of men. I had just told her of my current crush and she immediately jumped to something physical about him. I guess Ami was a fairly shallow person. She usually fell for the jocks and pretty boys. They weren’t my type though.

“Oh common Ami, he’s cute. Plus he is funny and fun to talk with. He also likes the same music as I do!” Really, when thinking back on it, I was such a stereotypical high school girl. Well, I guess we both were. But that was fine, we were happy and were having fun. Life always seemed so simple then.

“Are you serious? All that rock music, I don’t understand it.” Rock music had really begun to die off here in Sydney. Most everyone moved onto rap or some punk band. Ami was one of them; she always listened to Rap or some hip-hop.

“Yes, well, it would be nice to have someone who doesn’t force me to listen to that crap music.” We both laughed, and then I noticed Jason walking past. “Hey Jason!” He looked at me and I got all warm. Then he came over to us.

“Hey Lilith, hi Ami. What are you two up to?” I asked him about his accent once, apparently he is from Canada, it’s a little strange, to places that are so similar with two distinct accents. Jason and I are always talking in our Science class. The teacher would tell us to be quite every so often, but that never stopped us. He eventually moved up both to the back corner so that we would not bother the other students or interrupt him.

“We are just waiting for my dad to come pick us up.” Ami was always a quick one to respond. I always wondered if she knew what they would say or ask before they even did. Though as Ami spoke, Jason and I were just looking at each other. Almost right after Ami finished, a deep blue car pulled up to the sidewalk.

“Oh, look at that! Well, I will talk to you tomorrow Jason.” Ami opened the door and climbed into the car then told me to stop talking with Jason and to come into the car. I smiled at him and he smiled at me. I walked for the ca when he called my name. I turned around and he kissed me! I closed my eyes but it was over in a few short seconds. We said our goodbyes again and I climbed into the car.

----- ----- -----

“He kissed you?!” of course Ami was shocked, she loves to drama of high school, personally, I prefer to avoid it but it is hard when your best friend doesn’t. We were sitting up in my bedroom on my bed talking. “do you know what this means?!”

Oh no… I knew what was going to come next. “Please, no!” She wouldn’t hear any of that. She jumped up off of my bed and ran to my movie collection. She grabbed the one that didn’t belong compared to the others. There were the Airplane movies, Cloverfield, a few superhero movies, along with my personal favorite Lord of the Rings. She grabbed a walk to remember.

“You agreed that when you get your first kiss we could watch this!” Well, technically, it wasn’t true. I never got the chance to say know, I had lost my voice that day!

“You can’t be serious; I hoped you would have forgotten about that!” Well, perhaps that wasn’t true. From my experiences Ami was good at remembering things. She has never forgotten my birthday once, sometimes she has reminded me about it.

Ami just looked at me with a smirk and popped it into my old DVD player. She grabbed one of my pillows and started to cuddle it as she sat at the end of the bed. I grabbed another and joined her. “You know, someday I will force you to watch all three lord of the rings movies.”

Ami just chuckled “I already have seen them all!”

“I meant in a row!” we both laughed.

----- ----- -----

Cuckoo, cuckoo…

Eight o’clock. Ami was getting ready to leave and my mom was just coming in the door. “Oh, hello Ami! I hope you got some food from Lily?” She was the only person who called my Lily.

“Oh, of course, I would force her too if needed!”

Cuckoo, cuckoo…

My mother gave a smile. “That’s good, though you can grab something to eat on your walk home.”

“No thank you.” Ami walked out the door and started to walk home.

“Hi mom, how was work?” My mom worked as a secretary for the head of a large business here in Sydney. They create and market a weird card game of sorts. It caught on in twenty-ten and now people all over Australia play it. Working as a secretary my not seem like much, but she gets paid well, mainly because her boss has a thing for her. She never believes me about it though.

“oh, work was long and boring as usual.” She tossed a smile towards me.

Cuckoo, cuckoo…

“We should really take that Cuckoo Clock down. Its really annoying, plus its also a real eye sore.” I have told her this many times but she insists that it’s perfectly fine the way it is. I never understood why though, the bird that pops out broke off years ago and the paint is chipping away.

“Oh Lily don’t be so silly.” I began to head upstairs to my room but my mom yelled up to me. “Oh, stay away from the shed, will you? I think a funnel-web moved in under it, we don’t need you getting bit now, do we?"

I used to hate spiders.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I see Mature Content Block?
I really don't know why... I left my comment on Deviant Art for you

Amazed

Well I can't wait for the next part, but are you sure you want to use 1st person instead of 3rd?

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Can you link or put it somewhere else besides that?

I put it in a spolier tag here for yea. I used Deviant just for the indentation.

---

@ Ken

I used first person because it creates a deeper connection between the reader and the main character. I also feel like this story would be best told through her eyes.

Also, the filter was becuase well, what happens to the main character. Or well, what is implied.
Anyway, I took it off.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Way to start it; hardest part in my opinions. It would be cool if one of the central topics was the relationship between her and the spiders. That would be deep.

Couple easily fixable grammar errors..

My had was raised with a spider web going all around my hand and arm.

Good Job. :D

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
I liked it, nice job.
This and your other thread inspired me to start working on a story I had in mind.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Thanks for posting it here. :) Here's my score:

Plot/Storyline: 8.5/10
It's interesting, and though similar to a lot of other horror stories, it's still intriuging. There were some parts in the middle that I was confused because it jumped around.
Character Development: 9/10
The characters are all described so well. You tell the physical appearance, and through the story you can figure out his/her attitude and emotions. Well, at least for the main character. :p Maybe you could tell us about Ami a little more (if she plays another role) and the... guy who got murdered so badly.
Vocabulary Usage/Accuracy: 9/10
It's overall simple but lively. The easiness makes it... easier to read yet it's still interesting.
Final Score: 26.5/30
:thup: It's a great start. The story is interesting and everything is lively. Some parts are confusing but w/e. :)

That was a long thing. I don't know why I did; usually I just go WOO KEWL STORY! -_-

A

aznsteph

its great, i really like it :thup: hope chapter one comes out fast

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Way to start it; hardest part in my opinions. It would be cool if one of the central topics was the relationship between her and the spiders. That would be deep.

Couple easily fixable grammar errors..

Good Job. :D

Well now, jst have to wait ands see. ;) When it comes to time, this book is not linear.

I liked it, nice job.
This and your other thread inspired me to start working on a story I had in mind.

Thanks, and I am glad to hear it!

Thanks for posting it here. :) Here's my score:

No problem :) Though, word word documents be good uploaded? I will run out of character space in the first post.

It's interesting, and though similar to a lot of other horror stories, it's still intriuging. There were some parts in the middle that I was confused because it jumped around.

I actually don't read many horror stories. Im a fantasy guy :eek: But, I actually don't doubt it. the idea is cool and I find it hard to believe it hasn't been done yet.

As for jumping around. its not jumping around too much actually. The first section is 'present day'. Then the next part is her explaining abit about her life. Finally, the rest happened in that order of the past.

The characters are all described so well. You tell the physical appearance, and through the story you can figure out his/her attitude and emotions. Well, at least for the main character. :p Maybe you could tell us about Ami a little more (if she plays another role) and the... guy who got murdered so badly.

Well, for one, Ami will have more, but the prologue is about Lilith :p

And the other guy... well, he is not a random guy if thats what you tink. Thuogh there will be more about him.

It's overall simple but lively. The easiness makes it... easier to read yet it's still interesting.

Yes well, I thought of using big words, maybe breaking out a thesaurus or the like. But I feel that it wouldn't feel like its through the eyes of a teenager is I start to break out words that are too large.

:thup: It's a great start. The story is interesting and everything is lively. Some parts are confusing but w/e. :)

Honestly? Yes, it is confussing. Yes, yes it is. Why? There is still much more to this story. Many holes to be filled in. ;)

its great, i really like it :thup: hope chapter one comes out fast

I got a taste of chapter one for you guys. its the first 'scene' of chapter one, along with the quote.

Ill post it fo' ya peoples.

Chapter I
"From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate."
–Socrates

“Are you serious? Jason? He has that strange accent, doesn’t he?” Oh, Ami. She never understood my taste of men. I had just told her of my current crush and she immediately jumped to something physical about him. I guess Ami was a fairly shallow person. She usually fell for the jocks and pretty boys. They weren’t my type though.

“Oh common Ami, he’s cute. Plus he is funny and fun to talk with. He also likes the same music as I do!” Really, when thinking back on it, I was such a stereotypical high school girl. Well, I guess we both were. But that was fine, we were happy and were having fun. Life always seemed so simple then.

“Are you serious? All that rock music, I don’t understand it.” Rock music had really begun to die off here in Sydney. Most everyone moved onto rap or some punk band. Ami was one of them; she always listened to Rap or some hip-hop.

“Yes, well, it would be nice to have someone who doesn’t force me to listen to that crap music.” We both laughed, and then I noticed Jason walking past. “Hey Jason!” He looked at me and I got all warm. Then he came over to us.

“Hey Lilith, hi Ami. What are you two up to?” I asked him about his accent once, apparently he is from Canada, it’s a little strange, to places that are so similar with two distinct accents. Jason and I are always talking in our Science class. The teacher would tell us to be quite every so often, but that never stopped us. He eventually moved up both to the back corner so that we would not bother the other students or interrupt him.

“We are just waiting for my dad to come pick us up.” Ami was always a quick one to respond. I always wondered if she knew what they would say or ask before they even did. Though as Ami spoke, Jason and I were just looking at each other. Almost right after Ami finished, a deep blue car pulled up to the sidewalk.

“Oh, look at that! Well, I will talk to you tomorrow Jason.” Ami opened the door and climbed into the car then told me to stop talking with Jason and to come into the car. I smiled at him and he smiled at me. I walked for the ca when he called my name. I turned around and he kissed me! I closed my eyes but it was over in a few short seconds. We said our goodbyes again and I climbed into the car.

A

aznsteph

i liked the chapter 1 too hehe :D, but i dont get it when in the prologue she kills the man. wasn't the man her father or ami's father? urrgh confused..

A

aznsteph

couldn't be because at the end of chapter one, a blue car comes and picks both of them. except if its ami's mom then woops lol and im pretty sur eit isnt amis dad cuz Lilith said she remembered all the things he did to her... im guessing molestation...?

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
1) It was Ami's dad.

2) You would be correct.

3) Chapter 1 talkes place before that. Remember the part 'Ami wasn't at school today' in the prologue? It is before that.

In fact, the prologue jumped through the first couple of chapters to key points. I guess, thats the best way to describe it.

----

Edit: also, Chapter one is finished

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.