Slow Motion Death Animation??

SirGlorious

Reaction score
Me again, so this time its a somewhat strange problem. I'm not sure what's wrong, there is a bunch of units with death animation time set to 1.50, but some of them keep dying in slow motion and it really pisses me off since I have no idea what's wrong! Does it have something to do with death type does decay/does not decay?

rongheng

Reaction score
Dun quite get the problem, are the some of the units u are talking about dying in slow motion's dying time more than 1.50 or wad?

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Is it because the actual duration of the model's death animation is different?

drol

Reaction score
Maybe you've set the death time globally to a different scale in the Gameplay Constants? I remember some animation timers there.

SirGlorious

Reaction score
Some of these units (they use a simple skeleton model with different attachments for weapons and armor) die in 5sec or more instead of the normal 1-2sec. Since you are all familiar with the death animation of a skeleton warrior, it is not the duration of the animation. Does anyone have any idea what's wrong?

DioD

Reaction score
death animation run at fixed speed, if death animation 3 seconds - it will go for 3 seconds, very simple.

Wummi

Just Relax and Smile!
Reaction score
I had a similar problem in my map. Maybe this is what you mean, maybe it isn't. But this worked for me for my "slow death" problem.
First, Set the death animation to the value you want, for example, 3 seconds.
Then make a trigger that says
Events
A unit dies

Conditions
Unit type of triggering unit equals to (your unit here)

Actions
Wait 3 seconds
Unit - Remove triggering unit from the game.

educator

Reaction score
problem with that is that if there is less than 3 seconds gap between units dying the trigger will not remove them, also this will remove corpses which will make abilities like raise dead, animate dead, and the one the avatar of vengence uses would be less useful (some custom triggered spells also use corpses)
although if u dont care, every second set the custom value of every dead unit in the map to +1, check if it has a value of 3 and if so remove the unit
and OMG my 100th post, hip hip hurray for me :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.