[Song] It's Official

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
really weird melody ;)

try to bring out the bass more, use a bass booster effect on the bass if your using FL, it really just makes the bass sounds wayyyyyy more sexy.
Also the cello or whatever instrument that was low needs to be turned down in volume a bit, there is too much noise. Or it seems to be because the same level of volume coming from the instruments.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
The melody is allways the same (or really similar) <.<

edit: I mean it repeats every 10-15 seconds >.>

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Since I don't like the genre itself, I wasn't a fan of the beat (thought it fits the genre well). However, I will try to give something constructive. :p

The bass kick was a bit overpowering. I liked the Brass 'melody', but I felt that it could use some variation. Since it is one of your first few songs, I wasn't expecting variation, though. ;) The strings had some offkey notes, it seemed. The voice was impossible to understand, though it added a decent effect to the song.

Nice job. :)

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
If you can't understand the voice, the song is doing its job.
:D

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
uh... I have to admit I don't often listen to music but I've never heard of a succesful song that repeats its melody every 15 seconds oO

post pls!

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
The bass kick was a bit overpowering. I liked the Brass 'melody', but I felt that it could use some variation. Since it is one of your first few songs, I wasn't expecting variation, though. The strings had some offkey notes, it seemed. The voice was impossible to understand, though it added a decent effect to the song.

I can see where you're going with the variation part. Since I can't save my projects it's sort of hard to come up with more variation than this in a day, but when I actually buy FL studio I should be able to get a lot more out of my songs.

The voice was impossible to understand

Well I hope the fast one would be able to be understood, though the really slowed down one was just sort of filler.

that's one of the most usual ways to write music...

That is true, although there are usually more subtle variations per repeat than in the stuff I'm making right now.

Zakyath

Reaction score
one tip is to make the hi-hat go more tic-tac than tic-tic by making slightly different volume levels on it.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
You mean these little songs that are played multiple times but always with variation? Well, I know these but they usually are waaaaaay more different.

Darthfett

Reaction score
How do you extend the amount of sound in FL?

What do you mean by that? How many notes you can place in a row? Add more sounds to FL Studios?

If you're JUST starting out, you're probably just using the step sequencer. (You see 16 notes in a row).

There's a few ways to get around that. One, is to right-click the channel and hit "Piano Roll", which has no limit. Another is to change the length of the pattern by changing the "- -" to > 4. (It's at the top left of the step sequencer).

Once you make your one pattern, you can start to add more patterns, by opening the Playlist (View -> Playlist or F5).

A song that repeats itself with the same exact notes, and no change at all in anything is boring. However, you can do a lot of slight changes to something, and keep a segment playing for a long time, and still hold the listener's interest.

Prometheus

Reaction score
There's a few ways to get around that. One, is to right-click the channel and hit "Piano Roll", which has no limit. Another is to change the length of the pattern by changing the "- -" to > 4. (It's at the top left of the step sequencer).

Once you make your one pattern, you can start to add more patterns, by opening the Playlist (View -> Playlist or F5).

Doesn't extend pass a certain number.

Darthfett

Reaction score
Doesn't extend pass a certain number.

Well the step sequencer is made for beats, not notes. If you need a longer beat, try adding a new pattern. I rarely have any patterns longer than 16.

You can use the piano roll for beats as well, fyi.

duyen

Reaction score
uh... I have to admit I don't often listen to music but I've never heard of a succesful song that repeats its melody every 15 seconds oO

post pls!

Linkin Park - Breaking the Habit
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Snow (Hey Oh!)

Prometheus

Reaction score
RHCP - Danny Cali and Scar Tissue, I believe.

Linkin Park - Numb

Prometheus

Reaction score
I personally don't like it too much. Kinda weird.
It's like you're going for a creepy sound but also a calming one too, just doesn't mix well.

I linked to a friend.
They said "Sounded good; if you can, tell them I said great job."

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.