Spawn, Attack, Repeat.

Razalgrim

Reaction score
So it goes like this -

Every 5 seconds, a unit spawns in a random point in region 1. After that they proceed to attack your character.

My problem is that sometimes they don't attack your unit immediately after spawning. Right now I'm using "Order last created unit to attack character unit." I don't want to use constant orders - it looks wierd.

Help would be much appreciated, + rep.

kirinelf

Reaction score
I personally like using attack-move. Make a trigger that activates when a unit belonging to the faction of your units enters the region, then order it to attack move to a point where your unit will be. The limits of this depend, obviously, on your map: It'll work in a small linear area, but in a wide open expanse it might be harder. What kind of terrain are we looking at?

Edit: Actually, your problem might come from a completely different source. Are the units being spawned creeps or units from the four races?

Razalgrim

Reaction score
They're custom undead units.

I tried the attack-move thing, but if I move too far off the target point, they just stay there doing nothing. Also, the map is very small at the moment, but I plan on making it big enough to have multiple areas eventually.

kirinelf

Reaction score
Hmm... Does replacing 'last created unit' with 'triggering unit' in your first post work?

Trigger:
  • Attack
    • Events
      • A unit enters Region 1 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Order Triggering Unit to Attack <Character Unit>

Does that help at all?

Razalgrim

Reaction score
I don't think so. :(

Anyway, I think I'll just find some way to cover it up. +rep for the effort.

kirinelf

Reaction score
Gah, I don't like leaving this like this. It sounds simple enough, and should work, but it doesn't. I've attached a quick map I made. It seems to work, but the map's rather small. Try implementing those triggers in your map and see if it works?

Attachments

• Random Test Map.w3m
    8.2 KB · Views: 89
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.