Special effects / Eye Candy for a Dash-ability and Charge-ability

MP®

Reaction score
I made 2 similar abilities: Dash and Charge.

Both make the hero 'slide' towards a location and when they collide with a unit or something else, they stop (and Charge makes it deal damage and stuns the target, while Dash gives the hero an order to attack the unit (with some bonus damage) when it's an enemy).

They both do an attack animation while sliding and so far, so good.

But I would like some kind of a trail going after them, so it looks a bit nicer :) I prefer a white trail (like for example arrows also have) or maybe a light-blue trail or something.

Does anyone have an idea which effect I should use for this?

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
"Abilities\Weapons\AncientProtectorMissile\AncientProtectorMissile.mdl" - Sandy trail, especially effective when shrunk.
"Abilities\Weapons\SpiritOfVengeanceMissile\SpiritOfVengeanceMissile.mdl" - Trails blue circles.
"Abilities\Weapons\DragonHawkMissile\DragonHawkMissile.mdl" - Similar to above, but rotates.
"Abilities\Weapons\WingedSerpentMissile\WingedSerpentMissile.mdl" - Blue trail.
"Abilities\Weapons\FaerieDragonMissile\FaerieDragonMissile.mdl" - Glowing whitish-yellow trail.

"Abilities\Weapons\SteamMissile\SteamMissile.mdl" - Not exactly a trail, but if the effect is created along the path, it looks like dust is being blown up.

MP®

Reaction score
Thnx I'll check them out :) Btw, AncientProtector Missile, isn't that a huge rock? That would look kinda odd, don't you think? Or do you mean by shrinking, so you don't see the rock anymore? How would you do that?

How did you know these have trails? Did you add the models to a unit or something and just moved the unit? :p

MP®

Reaction score
Oh I just had a genious idea! I now have a trail of the unit itself :D Looks very cool :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.