Special Members - Custom Forum Titles - The Ones Underneath Your Name

lh2705

Just another Helper
Reaction score
I got a question...
Will our custom forum titles be removed if our rep drops below 75?

just curious...

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
No but if you dont log in for a month or so your rep will decay - a few months off and you could lose considerable rep.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
The Helper said:
I could allow HTML in a custom title to whoever I wanted to but I don't believe anyone besides an admin is authorized to do it.

Let mods do it. :p

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
The Helper said:
I could allow HTML in a custom title to whoever I wanted to but I don't believe anyone besides an admin is authorized to do it.

Well, I'd like that :p.

Although I can't think of too much use apart from an image, even then I may not have enough room to type it in :p.

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
you guys know, some people worked really hard to get that custom tittle...
I got it at 114 rep, when at first I had -30...

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
AceHart said:
> Let mods do it.

Over my dead body!

I'll drink to that!

HTML is apparently very dangerous, according to TH and SD. They told me and ... Some of the first 10 SMs about one time someone posted HTML in a post and didn't end a few tags. The entire page kinda "exploded" or something, and I think I remember SD Ryoko telling us that they had to delete the post through the ACP.

But don't trust anything I say. I'm usually wrong anyway.

chris

Reaction score
Seth said:
I'll drink to that!

HTML is apparently very dangerous, according to TH and SD. They told me and ... Some of the first 10 SMs about one time someone posted HTML in a post and didn't end a few tags. The entire page kinda "exploded" or something, and I think I remember SD Ryoko telling us that they had to delete the post through the ACP.

But don't trust anything I say. I'm usually wrong anyway.

Correct....you get some of the coding wrong in html and it can slow down a site...the coding needs to be as clean as possible to ge the best performance and letting someone loose with something they know nothing about can be very very........daring......lol

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
Security rule number 1: Never let anyone use html on your site.

It would take anyone with a bit of javascript experience just a couple of seconds to write a script that steals your password as soon as you enter it in the password box.
A broken or slowed down page is your least problem if you are stupid enough to allow it. And don't be fooled to believe that you can filter out the 'bad' html.

R@d14nc3

Reaction score
recommendation

I'd recommend Chris for the custom tittle.
He is helpful and nice person :)

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
phyrex1an said:
Security rule number 1: Never let anyone use html on your site.

It would take anyone with a bit of javascript experience just a couple of seconds to write a script that steals your password as soon as you enter it in the password box.
A broken or slowed down page is your least problem if you are stupid enough to allow it. And don't be fooled to believe that you can filter out the 'bad' html.

PHP:
str_replace( '<script', '<blockedcontent', $string );
str_replace( 'javascript', 'blockedcontent', $string );

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
I saw this thread now (Took me much time to find it, lol.) I thought all over 75 points get it automatically but it wasn' t so. Now it is even more special when I know someone had to give it to me manualy :D Thanks ten times, The Helper !

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
@DDRtists: Just insert a null character inside the <script and see what happens. Ofc, if you try hard enough you will be able to filter out must of the bad things. But eventually a person with to much time will find out how to trick your filter. Guess why things as 'vBScript' (The bb-code tags) exists?

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
so do you have to have 75 reps to get it?? for example a person might be helpful but sometimes people won't rep you?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, your rep will need to be at least 75 before your Title can be changed.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.