Spell Animation trouble

Fulla

Evil Overlord
Reaction score
I'm having real difficulty making a spell's animation 'attack'.
Usually this is simple, you just add 'attack' as the animation string.

However the spell is used by the Troll Beserker model (Alternate one), 'attack', doesn't work

When I use 'attack, alternate' it works fine first time, but then hero instantly morphs back to headhunter.

Anyone no a way to around this 'glitch' ?

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Last one try spell attack if not work dont know what wil

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
Have you tried (attack, 1) or something along those lines? And are you doing it in object editor or through a trigger?

Fulla

Evil Overlord
Reaction score
Modifying it in Object editor, in the actual spell. Tried both of those, neither works.

I've re-checked the Beserker's actual animations, turns out its:
'Attack Alternate - 1'

Edit: I tried the above, same thing turns him into a puny headhunter :-/

Gtam

Reaction score
Try to triger it. Event unit start efect . Condition ability cast beserker. Actions animation play trigering unit atack animation

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
I think the animation strings would be like:

"attack one"

Also animation strings aren't in caps (as far as I know), I'm not sure if that helps.

Gtam

Reaction score
No capitals with animation names like kenny said.(he as far as i know so im just teling that its corect)

wellwish3r

wishes wells.
Reaction score
No capitals with animation names like kenny said.(he as far as i know so im just teling that its corect)

it doesn't matter weather they are in caps or not. What you could try tho is using the jass function SetAnimationByIndex (or something like this don't remember exactly).

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
Hahaha, that model is fucked. Try what wellwish3r said. If your gonna trigger it, may as well use SetUnitAnimationByIndex(), it seems to work for all those cases in which strings do not.

Fulla

Evil Overlord
Reaction score
What's the easiest way of getting the Animation Index number?

I tried running a loop, 1-12 ingame, running through each one, but it got messed up as constantly switching between headhunter/beserker trying to play other one.

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
I tried running a loop, 1-12 ingame, running through each one, but it got messed up as constantly switching between headhunter/beserker trying to play other one.

Unfortunately, that would be the easiest way... lol. It seems this beserker wants to give you a hard time. Maybe try it manually? It may take some time, but you should get the result.

Fulla

Evil Overlord
Reaction score
Ok, I found out that the attack alternate animation index is none other than 18!!!

Unfortunately the same thing happens, the guy turns into a puny little headhunter straight after playing animation.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.