Spell Contest II

Anachron

Reaction score
Open my map in JassShopPro and take a look at my scripts there -.- I dont know where my unprotected version is. ( normally I make a spell for a contest and protect the map because I still know how I made it. ) Also nobody talked from an ''open source spell'' in the rules uarenoob ... Next time you should add that if you want to get a open source spell. You were just asking for any spell for your contest. Sry but thats the truth. Who said this is gonna be an open source spell thread? And if, why isn't it in Free Trigger code, too? :confused:

Edit:
Ah ok. Just presumed cause somebody did :p
(as far as i know)

Oh and btw did you mean ME? I was intime, last day I know, but still in time.

Pyrogasm

There are some who would use any excuse to ban me.
Reaction score
Are you fucking retarded?! Why would you want to protect the demo map for a spell that you've submitted to a contest?

Not only does that prevent people judging (me; I'm doing the coding grade) from being able to grade you, but it also prevents you from editing your own spell and/or looking at your own code if you need to in the future!

If you don't submit an unprotected copy I will not grade you, and I hope Uareanoob would disqualify you also. You're really pushing the boundaries on this contest: two submissions and now a protected spellmap; please try to comply with the rules (however unstated they may be).

Really.

Anachron

Reaction score
Well ok where is the rule that it isn't allowed to protect the map?..

Just use your JassShopPro and load my map.. Then you can have a look at my wc3map.j file...

You simply can use it for looping at other peoples scripts.

Also btw, retard isnt a very nice word. You may remove it. ;)

Edit:
Also if you want I search in my computer for an unprotected version but it will take about 1 day I think.
( I have also other things to do ).

Edit2:
Ok I got it ... Uploaded it now
http://www.file-upload.net/download-300405/Troll-Speed-Spells-0.10.w3x.html

Btw I have to say that this spell is simple GUI made because I had only 5 minutes to make this spell -.-. Also have fun with jugding

Pyrogasm

Reaction score
I don't have JassShopPro or JassCraft; I'm on a Mac. And even if I did, do you have any idea how horrific WE-converted GUI–>JASS code is? It's beyond abominable.

Retard is not normally a nice word, but it was used appropriately because of your reasoning: "where is the rule that it isn't allowed to protect the map?..". It's an unspoken/written rule that should be common sense.

I'm not going to start a flame-war, so I'll just say thanks for an unprotected version.

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
Well ok where is the rule that it isn't allowed to protect the map?..
ever heard on the thing common sense?
u should use it.........
also in the spells u entered 2......
if it was a spellpack contest then we would understand but i think it's very clear it demends only 1 spell

A

Aidyn15

That is really moronic.... Why would you protect your map if they are going to grade it... they cant even open your map to look at codes if they dont have JassShopPro...:nuts:
Even worse you tried to enter 2 spells into a one spell contest... then you begged to get them both graded and when he finally says taht hell grade them you disagree to unprotect -.-

Reaction score
What does this actually mean:

doubleoffree.gif

Anyway.. Good that you gave unprotected version. Anyway I didn't see anything that anyone would steal from the map.. If you meant the icons, you should have used blizzards icons then..

Anachron

Reaction score
Problem solves sry for the problems but I was just unsure that I already have an unprotected version of it. Also thanks for giving me a chance for my two spells. :)

Reaction score
>Not to mention spells in a spell contest are meant to be stolen.
You have such a hobby ;D? I suppose you meant "aren't meant to be stolen.."

>uareanoob how long does it remain to take a look at all those spells?..
There are two "graders", so it takes some extra time, but about 2-7 days ;D.

Pyrogasm

Reaction score
A "double free" of something is when you destroy something twice:
Code:
Set TempPoint = Position of (triggering unit)
----- Do something with TempPoint -----
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udgTempPoint)
Unit - Kill (Triggering Unit)
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
yea....
i mean it's not like u ae checking 20 spells.....
it's only 5 Spells it's no big deal....

Reaction score
emjlr3 took 3 times as many spells as now are, in 5 days ;D..

Anyway.. Cannot wait to know who wins ^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.