Spell Evasion

Some1Sneakin

Reaction score
I bet everyone have heard about the ability "Evasion" (boring spell :))
Well now i wonder how to make the ability Evasion to "evade" spells istead of normal attacks? Any idea? Thx!

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
magic defense from spellbreaker? waht's that? isn't he magic immun?

whatever. At least im SURE it's possible. Vile1 (Age of myths) did it.

xmkiller

Reaction score
It is possible using the system of calculating unit damage done and taken. (This includes damage from spells.) Give it a % to set the damage taken to 0 and put a floating text saying "Miss" or whatever. However this evasion will count for spells and melee.

Arkan

Nobody rides for free
Reaction score
It is not possible with regular spells, you have to trigger your own spell system, not worth it unless you know what you're doing.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
take magic defence from spelbreaker.

that works like the footmans defend. except it makes them magic immune.
Its not on spellbreakers anymore because they're immune anyway. (its still in the abilities)

DeathWing

Reaction score
THATS VERY SIMPLE.

Make a trigger that will start when any hero cast a targeted spell and check that target has your skill, then use If random number between 1 and 100 is equal or less to for exapmle 10 add that item ability that blocks spell to that unit then remove it from it after few moments.

:)

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
>>Make a trigger that will start when any hero cast a targeted spell and check that target has your skill, then use If random number between 1 and 100 is equal or less to for exapmle 10 add that item ability that blocks spell to that unit then remove it from it after few moments.
What if the spell is an instant spell which does not have any missle ?

HA!
I would have damaged you before you could add your ability to your unit. :p

D

dunpealx4

it doesnt matter. whether it is Sleep or Death Coil. it can block them just like the spell amulet.

DeathWing

Reaction score
Between this two events is a time to add abilty:
Begining of Casting of Ability
------------------------<----- There I'll add ability. Spell won't resolve cuz it will be blocked. Each unit needs to end his Spell animation before cast so i have some time to do that :)
Resolve of Ability Effect

Btw. Triggers are always faster that spells if they have no "Wait" actions inside. I can do Millions of things before your hero casts a spell :p Even kill him.

H

HamsterBoo

This would not however, work for area of effect spells.

If the unit with magic evasion was the target, the spell would not even be cast, but is the unit was not the target, he would have no way to avoid it.

My thinking is this: an area of effect spell should not be evadable, so make the condition, spell is not equal to this, not equal to this, etc. where those spells would be the area of effect spells. This way, if the unit being targeted by a aoe spell has spell evasion, it still doesn't do anything

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.