Spell request

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Hi, could someone make an aura spell for me that gives all units near the caster a +3 damage bonus per unit within the aura?

This is a unit ability so it won't need multiple levels :)

I would prefer if you posted the trigger onto the thread instead of attaching a map. (a tooltip and a name would be nice too, but it isn't necessary)

rep will be given and I'll give you credit if you want me to :D

Whisky

Reaction score
You mean something like this?
Trigger:
  • Damage Aura
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.50 seconds of game time (if this causes lag set it to 1.00)
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set AuraGroup = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) has buff Damage Aura) Equal to True))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in AuraGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Add Spell Book to (Picked unit)
          • Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from AuraGroup
      • Set AuraGroup2 = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) has buff Damage Aura) Equal to False)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in AuraGroup2 and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Remove Spell Book from (Picked unit)
          • Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from AuraGroup2

So basically it checks if unit has a buff of your aura. You can use any aura, just make sure it doesn't do anything but give you the desired buff, one good is unholy aura.
The spellbook it gives is containing a modified "Item damage bonus" ability that gives +3 attack.

Of course it's needed to disable the spellbook so it won't look stupid, but that is done in another trigger since there is absolutely no need to do it every 0.5 seconds.

Trigger:
  • Damage Aura Init
    • Events
      • <insert your desired event here>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player - Disable Spell Book for (Picked player)
      • Trigger - Turn on Damage Aura <gen>

If you decide to use this, no need for credits :thup:

Edit: I didn't manage to invent any name for that aura since I have no idea what kind of unit is using it, so the "Damage Aura" I use is not really to supposed to be it's name.

Yoshii

Reaction score
use command aura and check the box "flat bonus" and put 3 in attack damage increase

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
+rep whiskey :)

and yoshii what does flat bonus do?

Flat bonus disables attack damage by percentage. So if you check "Flat Bonus" and put a "3" in the data field, your units will gain 3 damage. No need go for long triggers like stated above.

Glenphir

Whisky

Reaction score
Edit: You are right *sigh*. I did the testing with kodo beast and modified command aura, where I should have modded war drums.. I was almost sure it had that setting so I did the testing before creating that trigger, and for obvious reason I failed :eek:

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
I think yoshii misunderstood me, I meant every unit within the aura buffs each other :D

e.g,

there are 10 units within the aura, including the caster. All 10 units get +30 damage

Yoshii

Reaction score
I think yoshii misunderstood me, I meant every unit within the aura buffs each other :D

e.g,

there are 10 units within the aura, including the caster. All 10 units get +30 damage
oh thats way different than I thought you meant

Summoned

Reaction score
You'll need to make X levels of the aura (it's good to have a maximum, for balance reasons). Each level adds 3 more damage than the last. So level 1 - 3, level 2 - 6, level 3 - 9, etc.

Periodically check the number of friendly units in range (Count Units in Unit Group function) and set the level of that aura to the number if it is not equal to the current ability level of the aura.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
You'll need to make X levels of the aura (it's good to have a maximum, for balance reasons). Each level adds 3 more damage than the last. So level 1 - 3, level 2 - 6, level 3 - 9, etc.

Periodically check the number of friendly units in range (Count Units in Unit Group function) and set the level of that aura to the number if it is not equal to the current ability level of the aura.

It's not a hero ability.

tork

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Command Aura
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.70 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set UnitGroup = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) has buff <your Buff>) Equal to True))
      • Set Integer = (Number of units in UnitGroup)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_UnitGroup)
      • Set UnitGroup = (Units in (Playable map area))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in UnitGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of <Your Ability> for (Picked unit)) Greater than or equal to 1
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Set level of <Your Ability> for (Picked unit) to Integer
            • Else - Actions

Well this is problly not the best way of doing it and it will only work for one unit with more time i could make it MUI but for now hopes this help you:)

(Integer) is just a a Integer V
(UntGroup) is just a Unit Group V
if that wasnt know already

tork

Reaction score
maybe the ability will have 25 level or you could add a max +damage bonus but you can easy just use auto fill and it should be easy to make the ability/triggers

Yoshii

Reaction score
then what would happen if the number of unit exceed the max lvl ability? you would need to make sure it doesnt go over the max level by having a condition checking value of the variable containing the number of unit

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Command Aura
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.70 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set UnitGroup = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) has buff <your Buff>) Equal to True))
      • Set Integer = (Number of units in UnitGroup)
      • Set UnitGroup = (Units in (Playable map area))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in UnitGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of <Your Ability> for (Picked unit)) Greater than or equal to 1
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Set level of <Your Ability> for (Picked unit) to Integer
            • Else - Actions

Well this is problly not the best way of doing it and it will only work for one unit with more time i could make it MUI but for now hopes this help you:)

(Integer) is just a a Integer V
(UntGroup) is just a Unit Group V
if that wasnt know already

Just though of something, would this work if more than one unit had the ability?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.