spell request

AKDevil

Reaction score
I am currently working a map that requires many custom abilities, which i am really just trash at, so i am making this request for spells to both learn how to make decent spells, and also lighten my load. here is a list and breif description of each spell. the abilities can be done in whatever format you want, but if they are done in Jass, please leave lots of notes, such as damage/ heal fields, targets, ect.
plz send the completed, tested abilities in PM. you will recieve full credit for your spell, and + rep

(1) Strength of Numbers - Aura, increases the health of the hero = % of total combined health of all friendly units in it's area of effect
lvl 1 = 5%, 900 AoE
lvl 2 = 10% 900 AoE
lvl 3 = 15% 900 AoE
lvl 4 = 20% 1000 AoE

(2) Shadow Aura - surrounds the hero in tangible shadow slowing and damaging affected enemies over time. basically is going to be used as a condition for other spells, mostly i am just looking for the special effect. is basically going to be on a dummy unit that moves with the hero. two lvls i think
lvl 1 = 15 % slow, 2dps
lvl 2 = 30 % slow, 4dps

(3) Cleave - targets current target + additional enemies adjacent to target (but in attack range of caster), deals total of X damage distributed among the targets, if present. if one, or both additional targets are not present, then 75% of the damage intended for those targets is distributed to the remaining targets (or just the main target) plus % DOT over 15, every 3 sec, with bleed animation.
lvl 1 = 150 damage total, 100 to main target, 2 targets total, additional 10% as DOT
lvl 2 = 200 damage total, 125 to main target, 2 targets total, additional 20% as DOT
lvl 3 = 400 damage total, 150 to main target, 3 targets total, additional 30% as DOT
lvl 4 = 500 damage total, 150 to main target, 3 targets total, additional 40% as DOT

(4) Berserk - chance on hit to enrage the hero for the next X number of strikes, dealing Y% extra attack damage
lvl 1 = 2 strikes, 10% extra damage, 5% chance
lvl 2 = 2 strikes, 17.5% extra damage, 7.5% chance
lvl 3 = 3 strikes, 25% extra damage, 7.5% chance
lvl 4 = 3 srtikes, 33% extra damage, 10% chance

(5.A) Plague of the North - passive on attack, deals X damage every 2 seconds and also adds minor chill effect, contracted from being attack by the Hero, spreads to nearby units on contact. only dispellabe by consumption. Coupled with Consumption
lvl 1 = 4 damage, 20 sec duration
lvl 2 = 6 damage, 30 sec duration
lvl 3 = 8 damage, 40 sec duration
lvl 4 = 10 damage, 40 sec duration

(5.B) Consumption - AoE targets point, forcefully draws out the Plague of the North, instantly dealing the remainder of its damage, but removing the plague from the affected units. also heals and restores mana to the caster for % of damage dealt.
lvl 1 = 300 AoE, 15% health
lvl 2 = 300 AoE, 25% health, 5% mana

(6) Eye of the Tempest - toggle on/off (non-channel/cast), envelops the whole map in a violent Storm, striking enemy units at random, killing non hero units that strikes, including naval and flying units, causing naval and flying units to be blown drasticly off course in counter clockwise direction (if possible), and striking ground units with lightning. only calm and safe area is 1200 range from caster.
lvl 1 = 500 damage to struck heros, ships that run aground die, target cant be = building, hits 1% of enemy units every second at random, air units take 2% damage per sec and can also be hit by lightning.

Heres on that might be different (dont really know if it can be done).

(7) Divine Retribution/Holy absorbsion - toggle between auras, one aura is always on, 800 AoE
Divine Retribution, rather like thorns, units that attack units under effect of the aura have damage returned on them
lvl 1 = 20% return
lvl 2 = 30% return
lvl 3 = 40% return
lvl 4 = 50% return
Holy absorbsion - reduces the damage that nearby freindlies take, but takes % of the reduced damage damage for the unit. always deals at least 1 damage
lvl 1 = 20% reduction on non-heros, 25% on heros, takes 50% of reduction as damage
lvl 2 = 30% reduction on non-heros, 35% on heros, takes 33% of reduction as damage
lvl 3 = 40% reduction on non-heros, 50% on heros, takes 25% of reduction as damage
lvl 4 = 50% reduction on non-heros, 60% on heros, takes 10% of reduction as damage

(8) Death Grip (because its a WoW fav ;D) - single target, pulls target unit to the caster thru the air, and stuns them for 1 sec, does light damage to target when it hits the ground.
lvl 1 = 700 range, 30 damage on impact
lvl 2 = 900 range, 60 damage on impact

(9) Enveloping fog - no target AoE no channel, Causes affected enemy units to randomly aquire attack units for set number of attacks, giving the caster a chance to escape. 50% duration on Heros.
lvl 1 = 300 AoE, 1 attack per target, lasts 10 sec
lvl 2 = 300 AoE, 1 attack per target, lasts 15 sec
lvl 3 = 350 AoE, 1 attack per target, lasts 25 sec
lvl 4 = 350 AoE, 1 attack per target, lasts 30 sec, 25% damage bonus damage = 10% + 5% per lvl

might add more later
thanx:thup:

PS, if i wanted to make a spells damage based off of one of the casters attributes, how would i do that?

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
Alaska hey.
I will check out your requests 2morrow im sure i can do a few. DO they need to be MUI and would you like them in GUI/Jass/vJass?

AKDevil

Reaction score
Alaska hey.
I will check out your requests 2morrow im sure i can do a few. DO they need to be MUI and would you like them in GUI/Jass/vJass?

whichever you perfer, but im currently learning vJass, so i would like lots of //notes so i can see how its done, and so i balance it later.

with the exception of Eye of the Tempest, they do need to be MUI

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
Sorry dude im to busy at the moment and its intimidating to see a huge wall of spells all at the same time.

Happysmiley

Reaction score
And that's coming from the guys who is responsible for like 50% of the replies in this section ;) Damn you must be swamped

Happysmiley

Reaction score
(8) Final Judjement - targets Vulerable Heros, deals damage equal to 4*X (X = total number of kills) to enemy Heros, or Heals life equal to 2*X to a friendly Hero, nonself. (i will do the kill counter).
lvl 1 = Purchased, 4*X damage, 2*X heal, resets X to 0 if dealing damage

Trigger:
  • Trigger 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Killing unit) has buff YourFinalJudgementBuff) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set FJ_Integer = (FJ_Integer + 1)

Trigger:
  • Trigger 2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Final Judgement
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Target unit of ability being cast) belongs to an ally of (Owner of (Casting unit))) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of (Target unit of ability being cast) to ((Life of (Target unit of ability being cast)) + ((Real(FJ_Integer)) x 2.00))
        • Else - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Target unit of ability being cast) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Casting unit))) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing ((Real(FJ_Integer)) x 4.00) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire
              • Set FJ_Integer = 0
            • Else - Actions

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.