Spellbook enquiry

13loodfangz

Reaction score
I was working on my RPG and stumbled upon spellbooks, the option to more skills.

As experience of working on spellbook was not so in-depth, i would like to ask about spellbooks.

Questions:
1)Does a spellbook level automatically or manually and how so?
2)Does a spellbook's level determines the level of the abilities inside, each one of them?
3)How do you level a spellbook? ways of doing it? (Preferred in GUI)
4)If i have 5spells and each of them hero classified( i can change to unit ), I want them to be inside a spellbook with their individual levels and leveling through the basic abilities tab, how would I go about doing it?
5)Contrary to question 4, I had an idea of removing learnt abilities and enable that spell in a given spellbook with disabled spells, will i be able to level it by using triggers and most importantly will it work?

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
1) A spellbook levels just like any other spell / ability.

2) I'm not sure, but I don't think it affects the levels of spells inside the spellbook when it levels.

3) A spellbook is just like any other spell, so the action would be something like:
Unit - Set level of (ability) for Unit to _____________
or
Unit - Set level of (ability) for Unit to (level of (ability) for Unit) + 1

4) To get the spells inside a spellbook you just make them unit / item spells, goto the spellbook in the object editor, scroll down a bit to where it says which spells are included in the book and add them there.

As to individual spell's levels and leveling through the basic abilities tab......I'm not sure this is really possible UNLESS:
You make dummy spells that are disabled as soon as they are leveled. These spells don't show up because theyre disabled, but you allow them to be leveled up somehow.
Then you trigger the spells inside the spellbook to level correspondingly depending on the levels of these dummy spells.

5) I don't understand this question. Please rephrase this or at least split it up into more sentences.

---------

Edit: Please do not double post. If people do not reply to your thread they are either:
A) Lazy. In this case they won't answer anyway, even with the second post.
B) Busy. In this case they will answer in a little while and will get annoyed at you if you sound impatient and pompous.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.