Stacking / Detecting stacked poison

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
Hi there,
I was wondering if there is a way to stack poison through a trigger, and how it's possible to detect how often it is stacked?

Also, is there a way to add a specific buff? I looked into the function and managed to find out that it actually uses RemoveAbility() to get rid of the buff, but it seems not to work with AddAbility :rolleyes:
Thanks to any helpers.

gref

Reaction score
You add a buff by making a dummy unit, and casting an ability that gives a buff, (For example Bloodlust) on the unit you want to have a buff.

There is already a poison that stacks, but if you want to make things stack through a trigger, you'll have to make multiple copies of the same ability, with different buffs, and then cast them on the unit. If you cast the exact same ability, it will just overwrite the current one, and reset it's duration.

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
Sorry, I think I was a bit unclear.
I know that there is a stacking poison, but this, of course, only stacks when the unit is hit several times (and it think from different enemies).
When I have, let's say, this poison already 3 times stacked on my hero I would like to use a trigger to increase it to 4x stack.

If that's not possible I'll use a dummy unit :)

gref

Reaction score
Make a dummy unit without an attack animation, but with an attack, and a attack cooldown of something like 20.0 seconds (So it can only attack once)

Give it that ability.

Order it to attack that unit, then remove it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.