Starting a trigger at the beginning of Casting Time

Sajberhippie

Reaction score
Hi! I'm trying to make a levitation spell, and it's all going well thanks to all help I've gotten, the only thing left is getting it to look nicely...

The spell is based on Summon sea elemental, and summons an exact copy of yourself, but flying. Via triggers you get the same level, skills, and stats. When landing, it works the same but reverse...
However, I want the flying hero to float to the ground when she is landing. I've set the casting time to 1.5 seconds, and I'm trying to use a trigger like this:

Code:
Levitation Landing
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            Conditions
                (Ability being cast) Equal to Levitation (Landing Summoning) 
    Actions
        Animation - Change (Triggering unit) flying height to 0.00 at 50.00

However, the hero just stands there for 1.5 seconds, then starts floating downwards for maybe 1/4 of a second, and then is standing on the ground. I guess casting time isn't really the beginning of casting an ability, but how do I get it to work?

Champ-Bear

Reaction score
The problem is your rate.

Actions

Try something like 500. Also you can't change animations if you are casting a spell, so you might need to remove the 1.5 second casting time and just toy with the <rate> until you make it a 1.5 second decent.

linamus

I r bak!
Reaction score
You should set casting time to zero, then when unit casts, use pause for 2 seconds, and after wait unpause it, while he floats.

[wap]

Sajberhippie

Reaction score
Thanks, both of you. Linamus, your solution sounded good, but I couldn't get it to work... I used this trigger:
Code:
Levitation Landing
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            Conditions
                (Ability being cast) Equal to Levitation (Landing Summoning) 
    Actions
        Unit - Pause (Triggering unit)
        Wait 1.50 seconds
        Unit - Unpause (Triggering unit)

I also tried swapping the Pause and Animation actions. Neither of these things worked, it seemed to do no difference at all from not having the pause action at all.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
you'll need to add the ability "Storm Crow" to the unit and then remove it when you'we changed the flying hight... if they dont got storm crow ability, you cant change flying hight of ground units:rolleyes:.....

Code:
    Actions
        Unit - Add Storm Crow Form to (Triggering unit)
        Animation - Change (Triggering unit) flying height to [COLOR="Red"]200.00[/COLOR] at [COLOR="Blue"]100.00[/COLOR]
        Unit - Remove Storm Crow Form from (Triggering unit)
Red means: hight it goes to
Blue means: speed that the unit goes up / down

EDIT: code added

Sajberhippie

Reaction score
The unit is already flying. What I'm trying to do is making a trigger that makes the unit lower its flying height before the spell takes effect.

Like, I click the Summon Sea Elemental - my already flying mage lowers its flying height and casts the spell.

THE_X

Reaction score
rate means how fast it will go up or down every second depending i think on the speed of the unit, so lets say your units speed is 522 and you want it to change to 0 in 1 seconds you change the rate to 522

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.