stop: 0x00000024 ERROR (Can't repait with Windows XP3 disc?)

Ozzdog

Hopeless Toby Driver fan boy
Reaction score
Hi,

I posted a description HERE, but its not getting lots of attention (and I need files on my computer for school tomorrow :S), so I was wondering if anyone here could possibly answer it.

Thanks,
Ozzdog

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Two things to try:

1. Reseat the RAM in the laptop (remove it and put it back in).
2. Take out the hard drive and connect it to another computer so you can attempt to access the files.

Ozzdog

Reaction score
thank you for the quick reply!

I've never tinkered with a laptop, is it as easy to switch up hardware as in a desktop?

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
Assuming that things are placed so they are accessible, yes. You mentioned Dell, so I assume that is the laptop brand. Most Dell laptops will have a plate on the bottom of the laptop that you can remove, which will expose the RAM. As for the hard drive, there are often two screws near one of the edges of the bottom. The drive typically slides in and out of the side of the laptop.

Ozzdog

Reaction score
ergg only one cord to hook up HDs on my desktop..... blah

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
I can recomend you download any of the linux operating systems that can run via. a cd or usb, run them and take out the files that you need. Then, reinstall you're windows.

http://www.slax.org/ <-one of the free linux options ^^

Ozzdog

Reaction score
Well I am currently trying to get my files via hooking my HD to another computer... however I can't access "My Documents", because it says I need permission, and to "click continue for permanent permission"... but then the screen freezes.

I don't know what to do!?

EDIT: Posting this seems to have jinx'd it, I can access my files now.

Thanks a lot for the help guys!

RESOLVED

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Ubuntu is the most accessible Linux distro for beginners, in my opinion. And it can also run off a CD/memory card, too.

EDIT: Disregard this post, I was still writing it while the problem got solved :D.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.