Stop Moving AI!

TheCrystal

Reaction score
Well, the title kind of explains it. I have a user who controls an AI, but the AI keeps doing things. I tell the AI to Attack to a spot, they kill on their way, but they seem to randomly attack to somewhere north. I don't think it's that they're following a unit, but I'm not sure what it is.
Could it be the Creeps Guard Return Distance/Time? I've set it to 999999 range and 7.5 seconds but they still did it at random times, some 15 seconds, other over 3.

My idea is making an AI that doesn't do anything, no requirements, just a blank AI. Would this fix it, or am I just misreading things? I'll try a few more changes and things and see how it works out.

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
AI is meant to do something, I don't see why you would want a blank AI. Explain more please...

TheCrystal

Reaction score
The units keep moving on their own orders, as if an AI is telling them to do something. There is no reason for this to happen. I have searched all triggers for something that may cause this. I can assume they aren't following any units, seeing them randomly moving away the opposite direction I told them. There's nothing blocking their path, they just begin heading to the location I told them where to go, and suddenly go do the SAME order, but at a different location. I've only tested this twice and seen it actually happen on screen like, three times.

TheCrystal

Reaction score
Found something out, after doing other stuff.

The units move back to the spot where they were created after they have finished the order "Attack To". They don't do it for any of the other things.
One in like, every eight times they'll do it for Move.

Sid

Reaction score
Make sure that Melee AI or campaign AI it turned off. And Have you turned off Melee Init trigger?

Secondly, yes, Attack-Move order would have that Move-Back thing. I dunno why this happens, But anyway, You can always reorder them or order them to Stop.

TheCrystal

Reaction score
Black.sheep's idea seems to have worked, I haven't encountered the move-back effect recently. +rep.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.