Stun doesn't interrupt channeling

carbonduck

Reaction score
I have an ability based off Channel such that the caster channels for a certain duration of time and if he successfully channels the whole duration, an event occurs.

Now, here's my dilemma. When a hero is channeling this ability, whenever he is hit by a stun, he doesn't stop channeling... he continues channeling but the duration time is reset.

In other words, let's say I need to channel for 5 seconds to be successful. I start channeling the ability and 3 seconds later, I'm hit by a stun. Normally, I should stop channeling completely. However, what really occurs is that my guy continues channeling the ability but instead of waiting 2 more seconds, he needs to wait the full 5 seconds again.

Any ideas?

Darkness47

Reaction score
Isn't that because your unit restarts to cast the skill as it was given that order before being stun?

carbonduck

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean. Can you elaborate? I'm not re-casting the ability after being stunned. If I channel, get stunned, and do nothing, it continues channeling.

Darkness47

Reaction score
You said it takes another 5 seconds to channel: doesn't that mean your unit is just doing what you told it to do: to cast a spell?
The channeling has been interrupted but as your unit's current order is to cast this, then your unit restarts to cast the ability.

Another example is if you order your unit to move, and it gets stunt, it will continue its move once the stun is over because it's the unit's current order.

The difference here is that the channeling has been canceled so the unit restarts to channel it.

carbonduck

Reaction score
Oh, ok. I see what you're saying.

Do you have a potential remedy for that? While the unit is channeling, I want every stun in the game to disrupt the channeling and force the unit to stop. Do I have to trigger this? Perhaps there is an easier way besides triggering every ability that has a stun.

BcBoy

Reaction score
Well, make a trigger,

Event

unit get stunned/target by ability

Cond

Unit = your channeling unit

Action

Turn off the ability trigger, remove it from que, delete all dummies the ability uses etc

(Sry for not complete trigger, but i don't have an WE aviable at the moment)

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Perhaps the easiest remedy is to make sure the Channel ability's cooldown is long enough that it will still be in cooldown any time while it is channeling. Then, the unit won't be able to re-cast it after the stun.

BcBoy

Reaction score
Perhaps the easiest remedy is to make sure the Channel ability's cooldown is long enough that it will still be in cooldown any time while it is channeling. Then, the unit won't be able to re-cast it after the stun.

If I understood it right, the problem was that the unit automatically re-channels the spell after the stun.

Shura

Reaction score
Weep's comment was addressing that problem. If the ability is on cooldown then it can't re-cast after the stun.

carbonduck

Reaction score
The cooldown idea was so obvious, I don't know how I didn't think of it earlier! Thanks a lot, Weeps. +rep! :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.