Suggestion - Awards

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Hmm... I saw a few contests and I see that the only reward is getting known as a winner amongst other contestants and viewers, and rep.
I think it would be pretty easy to import an "Award/Trophy" feature. In other forums you view the trophy and name of the trophy below, or around the avatar.
But that would only bother the layout of the forum. So instead people can view people's awards in the Profile. Like you can see the maps people have uploaded.

Let's say enter in the Model Contest #52. In my profile I would get a small trophy Icon, and when I hold my mouse over the icon, it would say "3rd Place in Model Contest #52"
That way it will also encourage people to join contests, or simply be recognized as a helper :D

And, only mods/admins would be able to give awards (or take too???)
P.S. If it sounds too confusing ask me to clarify >_<

esb

Reaction score
Dunno... I don't go there... i'll check it out.

(Edit: I have to register... And i'm too lazy for that :p)

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
Lol well the hive and wc3c does it. I say we should do this. (so i can get a cool icon for my contest wins XD jk there are other good skins there also)

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
I like the idea.

If it's not too hard, I think it'd be a great addition.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Indeed, this idea sounds good. But it is up to the administration.

About the "trophy", there is enough room to display it under the reputation bar or under the instant messenger icons.

andu.jpg

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
I see no reason why not do this, although I sure AceHart/Seth will find a dozen of these. :p

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
If anything, find a custom Warcraft one made, and in addition, make sure to make a page in the profile were these are.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
andu.jpg

Well actually it would have to go under the Rep bar and Contact Icons

untitled.jpg

but the Hive uses them and they use vBulletin as well if I'm correct...
So I think it would be easy (Hive uses Icons from SC and WC)

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
PA does this. I find the idea annoying, personally... because it's one more thing for newbies to kill for. Also, your award list is just going to get bigger and bigger.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
lol,
Its like rep and we all know how many people want there hands on it :D

Everybody knows once chaos is released, it grows uncontrollably and no one can do anything to stop it :p

but I think its a good idea I mean whats the worse that can happen that the Mods and Admins can't handle

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
or it could work somewhat like rep.

Bronze trophy for 25 or less awards, silver for 25-50, gold for 50-100.

Then you add another trophy, if they get over 100.

THen put a scroll over it and it could show the last 5 they won, and the person can see all of the ones they won in the User CP.

--------------------

And unlike rep, you have to actually win a contest and only admins/mods could add a trophy to a person, so beging does nothing.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Imagine all the contests popping out, like mushrooms after rain.

The "award" contests should be hosted by moderators, administrators or by someone with authorization.

However, that would bring back the need to store a "Thumbs-Up" list somewhere, like the one we had for the Contest Zone.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Imagine all the contests popping out, like mushrooms after rain.

The "award" contests should be hosted by moderators, administrators or by someone with authorization.

However, that would bring back the need to store a "Thumbs-Up" list somewhere, like the one we had for the Contest Zone.

Mainly, I see it only being awarded for "admin approved contests"

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Also, should the contest host provide the icon, or should we gather a bunch of them from our talented artists in the Graphic Section?

I am clearly rushing too far into the future.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Also, should the contest host provide the icon, or should we gather a bunch of them from our talented artists in the Graphic Section?

I am clearly rushing too far into the future.

do you really want a icon made by just some guy?

It could end up being a stick figure with a mustashe. Though, i guess there coulcd be a choice of a few icons.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Icons would probably be related to the contest's subject.

For instance, every spell contest has the same icon as another spell contest.

> Bronze trophy for 25 or less awards, silver for 25-50, gold for 50-100.

Ouch, win 100 contests? :p It might need a forum named "World Editor Contests Zone" and there would actually be more activity in there than in the WE Help one :rolleyes:

> Imagine all the contests popping out, like mushrooms after rain.

[Contest] Make the best Contest!
[Contest] Tutorial Contest!

:cool:

esb

Reaction score
I thought the profile section would be better, that way it wouldn't be so much of a burden in the posts :p

but the admins have yet to speak... *Dun Dun Dun Duuun*

And for the contests popping out, if that does happen, mods and admins would have to get stricter, so strict that the first draft of the outline would need to be perfect :p
OR They can submit a draft of the contest outline to a mod or admin, and after it gets approved, it can be posted.

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
OR They can submit a draft of the contest outline to a mod or admin, and after it gets approved, it can be posted.

*Ace logs on*
*Has 67 new PM's*

Probably wont work.

I personally like the idea, except of course for the amount of spam it could cause.

esb

Reaction score
OR make a new um... Group of members that are allowed to host contests. So lets say in the beggining only 5 members can make contests. Admins may choose who to give awards too, and who to invite to the group to make contests.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.