Suggestion - Awards

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Nope... If you're wondering about my screeny, I did some editing in PS :D

esb

Reaction score
Well so far it's a probably.
We still have to figure out exactly how and who will host contests, who will get awards, what awards, in case of an emergency(spam), etc. :p

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
Contests should be admin/mod approved.
Award icons should be no bigger than the IM icons.
Maybe a special section in the user profile for awards?

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
*Ace logs on*
*Has 67 new PM's*

Probably wont work.

I personally like the idea, except of course for the amount of spam it could cause.

He would probably have turned off PMs by then...

TBH I think this is useless. You didn't come to TH to get awards for random, and sorry to say but useless, events... Even so that is what rep is for.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score

I said the same thing in my post, but since my internet stopped working when I clicked "Submit Reply", so I guess it didn't post it. I got beat to the post. :p

>I personally like the idea, except of course for the amount of spam it could cause.

It would possibly cause spam, but there are always mods and admins. Besides, who would dare try to face the ferocious Ghan who had an avatar he kept for like 7 months. That equals dignity and strength, somehow.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> TBH I think this is useless. You didn't come to TH to get awards for random, and sorry to say but useless, events... Even so that is what rep is for.

It might make TH more active....
Especially in the specific areas that have the contests.

> It would possibly cause spam

You seem to be operating under the assumption that there isn't spam now. :p

> who would dare try to face the ferocious Ghan who had an avatar he kept for like 7 months. That equals dignity and strength, somehow.

Ferocious?
O_o.gif

Hey, I'm the nice guy.
4e65e426.gif

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Official contests (Awarding contests) will most likely be hosted only by moderators and/or administrators.

Sir Gordon

Decent User (I'm as good as you)
Reaction score
An award? why not? and why yes?

Um...forgive me. I believe I represent the kind of person who doesn't mind whether there is an award or not. But, go for it nonetheless.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I personally don't like this idea.
Just one more thing for the newbs to spam for, and beg for. :eek:

Also, they are based on one thing, we're not. While we have a bunch of WC3 stuff, I personally don't come here for WC3 related things, and I don't really have much interest in who makes the best spell or what not. :eek:

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
^ Who said the awards for just for WC3?

They could be for anything, Graphics, Writing, Gaming and anything else TH forums support :p.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
They could be for anything, Graphics, Writing, Gaming and anything else TH forums support :p.

It's the same concept though.
Why would someone who comes here to help with tech problems what to see peoples awards that are from the Writing Zone? It goes all over with that.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Why would someone who comes here to help with tech problems what to see peoples awards that are from the Writing Zone? It goes all over with that.

Who can solve a set computer probelm fastest? :p

Jindo

Self
Reaction score

I agree, in the end, TH.net is a place where people go to get help with technical problems.

But most people who come here for help are usually gone the next day (or whenever their problem is solved) and other people might come here looking for a challenge, like, people with excellent graphics/poetry/gaming skills :p.

Basically, if we're allowed these contests in the first place, why not make them a little more interesting by giving people some sort of sign to show that they won a contest?

People who do check the Graphics Zone will most likely want to see what awards someone has won :).

esb

Reaction score
Either the awards, or just keep the list at the Help Zone of contests and winners :p

esb

Reaction score
W00t!!! I see TheHelper got his medal already :D

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, the system has been implemented.
Still looking for good icons, though....

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
Great job big guys *looks up*.

I think you can take the idea even one step further. Every month a medal will be awarded to the member who helped the most in the past month. Of course, the next month it will be taken away for the next winner's favor, same member can't win twice in a row.

The judges, of course, will be the administrators, or, perhaps an open pool?

You can even do an yearly contest, when the medal stays forever *the coolest guy for year 2007*.

Just an idea, if you are going for it, why no encourage other members to help at the same time?

Anyway, I guess this make contest much more of a challenge, and it actually makes me reconsider about entering.

Great work, thanks for considering our suggestions, I think no one will regret for making this.

TH.net is maturing. :p

Edit:

As for icons, there are some great guys around the graphics area, you can ask them to make a few icons for you.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.