General Supercar expected to fetch £3million at auction.

MrBrooks

Brooooooooooown!
Reaction score
article-2130978-12A1DEBA000005DC-637_634x344.jpg

This ultimate version of the UK’s greatest-ever supercar is expected to fetch more than £3million when it is sold off in California. The 1997 McLaren F1 GTR is a race car based on the iconic 240mph F1 model, the fastest production car to ever come out of England. And the model on offer is the legendary ex-GTC Gulf Team Davidoff McLaren F1 GTR FIA GT Endurance Racing Coupe.

It was the last of just 28 GTRs built by the Woking-based firm when it rolled off the production line. And this F1 is known as the Longtail version thanks to its longer front and rear overhangs which are designed to boost downforce on the racetrack. Just ten Longtails were built, with each using a 6-litre V12 engine developing a staggering 600bhp - while weighing less than 1,000kg.

Stats
  • Engine: 6-litre V12
  • Acceleration: 0-60mph in 3.2 seconds Top Speed: 240mph Fuel efficiency: Around six miles to the gallon Raced: 1995 to 2005 Previous auctions: £2.53million in 2008 Road use: Four GTRs have been converted Total produced: 28 Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ion-auction---driven-roads.html#ixzz1sPH1JDxn
  • Top Speed: 240mph
  • Fuel efficiency: Around six miles to the gallon
  • Raced: 1995 to 2005
  • Previous auctions: £2.53million in 2008
  • Road use: Four GTRs have been converted
  • Total produced: 28

Read more here!

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Somebody who has the money laying around unused? And likes cars? Or just the brand?
Maybe as a present to somebody who likes cars?

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Who would ever pay for such a car?

You can take it to the track. I would LOVE to have this car as a track car... :D
Contrary to popular belief, there are other uses for cars other than transportation. Lol

On the street however, I would have this bitch impounded in less than 30 minutes! :D

MrBrooks

Brooooooooooown!
Reaction score
I would collect this, not use it on the roads. Hell, I probably wouldn't use it on the track. I'm surprised that Chris Evans (UK Radio DJ) hasn't got his eye on this. It's such a beautiful piece of machinery.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.