World Teacher killed herself after ex-boyfriend posted naked pictures of her on Facebook

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
A teacher who died after drinking poison was living in fear because her ex-boyfriend had posted 'indecent' pictures of her on the internet, her mother claimed yesterday.

Emma Jones, 24, was working in an international school in Abu Dhabi - and was afraid she could be jailed over the images.

She had begun to pack her things ready to return to Britain but drank corrosive cleaning fluid and her body was found by a flatmate, an inquest heard.

Her mother Louise Rowlands said Miss Jones was distressed after former boyfriend Jamie Brayley posted pictures of her on Facebook.

Whole story here.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
You contact facebook, and sue BF. Suicide ain't the way to go.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprising to see him charged with manslaughter or something similar.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
We still have a long way to go if people are sick and stupid enough to begin uploading these photos in the first place...

No doubt Daily Mail will probably be blaming Facebook instead.

Varine

Reaction score
I'm way ahead of them. I intend on uploading nude pictures of myself shortly and suing them for allowing me to do so while drunk.

Varine

Reaction score
Not yet, but it's getting there. And soon enough will be Varine vs Facebook: The extraordinary man who went against the virtual empire... and WON! the book, now a major motion picture. I would like to be played by Conan Obrien, for future reference in case anyone makes a movie and has me as a character.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
you think people would learn that giving away nude photos... and taking videos...

will only come back and bite you in the ass.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It seems like there is more to the story than it first looks like.

She was ready to leave the country for Britain and didn't. She might have been in more legal problems than we know. :p

AnthraxXx

Reaction score
It seems like there is more to the story than it first looks like.

She was ready to leave the country for Britain and didn't. She might have been in more legal problems than we know. :p

QFT, it would seem a bit extreme to commit suicide just for those pictures.

BlowingKush

I hit the blunt but the blunt hit me.
Reaction score
She probably suffered from other mental issues, and had very poor reasoning skills to reach such a conclusion.

Darwinism in action.

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
Godforbidweuseourbrains.jpg

Oh no a photo of me I don't like! What do I do? (I look a little sad/disgraceful, might just be me though)

If only there were some sort of report image button.

She probably suffered from other mental issues, and had very poor reasoning skills to reach such a conclusion.

Darwinism in action.

In all seriousness though, this is probably the case, or she just acted too swiftly before thinking came in to play.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Suicide is not the way to go... It's cowardly, IMO.

She shouldn't have let him make naked pictures in the first place, since a teacher's career is very fragile.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Moral of the story, don't be naked :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.