Terms And Conditions Force Read?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
ok on my site's index I have this terms and conditions thing. How do I make it so the person cant click on a link until the person checks a box then the link button lets you enter or something after you click it?

Maybe a enter button on the left greyed out until the person checks the box, and the whole time another button to the right of it that is never greyed out saying Exit and points to google.com or some random site?

http://www.shundoshangout.com/

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
ok on my site's index I have this terms and conditions thing. How do I make it so the person cant click on a link until the person checks a box then the link button lets you enter or something after you click it?

Maybe a enter button on the left greyed out until the person checks the box, and the whole time another button to the right of it that is never greyed out saying Exit and points to google.com or some random site?

http://www.shundoshangout.com/

You would need a cookie to do that, I believe.

Reaction score
Well I dont know haha Thats why im asking for this stuff. I just want people to read it someone how before they enter so they dont try to blame something on me.

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
It does not matter if you have a check box or not. If there was a check box people would just check the box and hit enter without reading it.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
If you have a ToS and you require people to check something to view the site then you are protected. Having a link doesn't work because people will direct link other people to the site. Use cookies.

Reaction score
Well i know...Thats why im asking here for someone to help me out. Not tell me a ToS is pointless.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
I can have to click "I agree" three times, still be offended by whatever crappy content you may have there and complain to your ISP...

You get the very same "protection" by having a link to it on every page.
It's enough for it to be available.
Actually reading it changes nothing there.

The annoyance factor doesn't help anything.
There's also the simple fact that about 40% of first time visitors never make it past the splash screen...

Reaction score
edit: You know what, nevermind. if you dont want to help me out with something I just wanted, fine. Don't bother to fucking help.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
You would need to use a cookie.
But as Ace said, theres really not point, a ToS isn't going to protect you from any of the content you host.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.