Terraining - Water Level

corvusHaunt

Reaction score
Zero R. said:
What the HELL?

Photobucket == Image hosting service.
Paint Shop Pro == Image manipulation program.

Big Difference.

Maybe he thought Photobucket was an image editing program?

Rabarber

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Man. I was going to vote a 5 on this tutorial, but it somehow became a 1 -_- Can you delete my vote? Please!

LordOglog

Reaction score
This is a great Tut :) really great, its fun just tyo muck up the water and also i find it helps sometimes to turn water off when smoothing.

H

Huckta

Removing water

It seems that i can't remove my water? :nuts:

I made the cliff with water on, and it worked perfect. :)
But when i was lowering the terrain, I could'nt remove the water :(

Can someone help me ??

B

Banana

It seems that i can't remove my water? :nuts:

I made the cliff with water on, and it worked perfect. :)
But when i was lowering the terrain, I could'nt remove the water :(

Can someone help me ??

As far as I can tell, you can't remove water in same manner you can remove ramps or cliffs. Rather, you have to overwrite the water height there.

By overwriting, you would copy and paste a terrain that had either no water level or lower water level over where you don't want water to be there for a lower level.

Thsi is one of quirk of WE; if you already written in water level information for your map (e.g. you started out with water level, or you maybe changed the map size among the size with some water already present), the area will retain that information, which may not be desired. Therefore, there will be nowhere where you can copy from to change the water level.

If this is the case, you can just go and create yourself a "water height template", which would be 32x32 map, no initial water level, then adding water level for each cliff height in a stepped fashion, then when you have the desired water height, copy that height and paste it in your original map.

You should take care to remember which cliff tiles you used (it doesn't matter which tileset you're using. Your original map could be Cityscape while you're using Lorderan Summer; you only need to make sure that correct cliff tile is selected (e.g. if you were using tiled wall which is on the left of two cliff selection, you need to use grass cliff which also is on the left, for your template to paste correctly). The tiles itself also doesn't carry over but rather the position of tiles will carry over between maps. Meaning that if your tileset is ordered in City Square-Black Marble-Grass, and your water templates uses Lorderan Summer which has the order Dirt-Rough Dirt-Grass, and you want to use black marble, then you want to select rough dirt as that will be pasted in your original map as black marable.

Whew. That was a long winded explanation, but hope that was more than enough! :)

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
Heres what i thought of doin after reading this... so I did...
Floating River
WC3ScrnShot_040807_143324_01.jpg

Raised the rocks around the edge of the river in the air.
It doesn't look as good as ur pics but im sure with some more time taken it would what u think?

+REP for tut.:D

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.