Discussion The fast food thread

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
The parent company of the Carl's Jr. and Hardee's fast food chains sued rival Jack In The Box Inc. on Friday to stop TV ads that it says suggest Carl's Jr. and Hardee's use cow anus to make Angus beef hamburgers.

CKE Restaurants Inc. sued Jack In The Box in U.S. District Court on Friday over an ad in which executives laugh hysterically at the word "Angus" and another where the chain's pingpong ball-headed mascot, Jack, is asked to point to a diagram of a cow and show where Angus meat comes from.

"I'd rather not," the pointy-nosed Jack replies.

The employee asking the question traces a circle in the air with his pen while pronouncing the word Angus.

---------------------
In a nutshell Jack in the Box is saying Hardees uses Cow Anus to make its hamburgers - oh that is funny.

Last edited:

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Mmmmmm....anus....

I never liked Hardee's...Good for the Jack In The Box company!

DuckieKing

Elitist Through and Through
Reaction score
I applied for a job at Jack in the Box. I listed my desired position as "Jack." I didn't get the job.

M

Marduke

Jack in the Box is by far my favorite fast food.

Been craving it for years since I moved from California, unfortunately Ohio doesn't have any :(

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Jack in the Box is by far my favorite fast food.

Been craving it for years since I moved from California, unfortunately Ohio doesn't have any :(

Go a few states over man, they have them in St. Louis, Missouri.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Sad enough, Burger King also has an Angus burger, which I happen to like.

So. What's it matter where the meat comes from, so long as it's clean/cooked/whatever to where it's not gonna kill ya.

M

Marduke

Sad enough, Burger King also has an Angus burger, which I happen to like.

So. What's it matter where the meat comes from, so long as it's clean/cooked/whatever to where it's not gonna kill ya.

You should try some Rocky Mountain Oysters then.

Edit: Which reminds me of a joke.

This American is touring Spain, and attends a Bullfight. The fighter wins spectacularly.

Later that night, he goes to a restaurant and sees a couple sitting at a table with two large round objects on a plate. He asks the waiter what it is, and the waiter tells him that when a Bull loses a bullfight, he is killed and his testicles (being a delicacy) are served at the restaurant afterwards.

Being curious, he insists he must try them and tells the waiter he will be back the next night.

The next night comes and the man goes to the restaurant. The same waiter brings him a plate with two small round objects.

The man is confused, because the testicles last night were huge. He asks the waiter what's wrong.

And the waiter replied: 'Sometimes the Bull wins.'

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
So you are saying you would eat cow anus Seth as long as it is cleaned and cooked. Too bad Fear Factor is not on anymore :)

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Eh. I don't see why not o_O Meat's meat, right? I don't care if it's kosher, or whatever o_O

That's why I'm asking: Is there a particular reason it's bad? Is it more capable of inducing illness?

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
It depends on the culture... I eat beef tongue and "guts" and there's nothing gross about that in my culture.

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
The Fast Food Thread!

McDonalds:
- little burgers: actually has meat in it, marvelous.
- big burgers: no idea
- big mac: What you get when you take a bit of bread and then a spoonful of thousand island
- chicken nuggets: tastes like msg with fish sauce.
- ice cream: biggest blocks of ice in the universe.
- mcflurry: needs chisels
- fries: good (shoot me, I stand my ground)

A&W:
- Burgers: possibly my favourite out of the lot
- Fries: Meh. Smells like chicken all the time
- chubby chicken: it is like eating shrimp
- grilled chicken: made out of cardboard.
- onion rings: 90% breadcrumbs

Arby's:
- sandwich: good for a while, then becomes boring
- fries: yes please
- all other non-roast beef sandwich: there's the deli, DO IT.

Subway:
- free dried out vegetables served by arrogant server that don't give a damn about the food. "Too much or too little" is their motto.

Quiznos:
- It is like a toasty version of subway. A perfect choice for people with veggiphobia.

Wendy's:
- I love them all. Please do.

Dairy Queen:
- It is poised to rob you dry of any monetary valuables. More expensive than anything I had visited.
- Burgers: Think of it as McDonalds Hamburger++, but 3 times the price.
- ice cream: best thing ever.
- chicken strips: used for breaking windows, and jabbing into things.

Burger King:
- It is the ultimate test of patience. I stood in line and it took the server 10 min to serve 3 people.
- Burger: forall b <- burger king burgers, and forall d <- dairy queen burger, and a tastiness function t(n), then t(b) = t(d)
- Fries: not the worst fries ever, but damn near.

Harveys:
- Burgers: Beef, mystery meat, or cardboard. Open grill fail, and their veggie topping is the least appetiziing.
- fries: it has the same experience as eating coal.

Here is my little rant, I can go to bed now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bronxernijn

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I like döner kebab, but that is not as available in the US as it's here. Burger King and McDonalds are the largest fastfood chains. We also have subways, but nothing else you mentioned.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I hate Burger King... never going there ever again unless I'm really hungry and there's no where else to go. Have to make a compromise somewhere I guess....

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Ahm, what exactly is A&W's? The abbreviation doesn't ring a bell with me (full name mightn't either, but it's worth a shot :p)
EDIT: Ugh, Google was helpful there, I don't think we have them in Ireland at all.

burger king ftw, best in aus!
For a second there, I misread that as 'best in anus'... :banghead:

"Too much or too little" is their motto.
You can never have too much BBQ sauce on chicken, bacon and cheese :D

As regards Burger King fries, I think they are much nicer than McDonald's fries (i.e. I need less salt for them to taste good :p). Bacon double cheeseburgers are pretty nice too, although it does feel as if your arteries are being clogged with each bite :p

Also, what about KFC?

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Like Morgan Spurlock...

I say FUCK FAST FOOD :eek:

Most of the food I eat is either home cooked by me or my mother. The last time I had fast food was at a Quinceañera invitation but it was at a restaurant, I don't know if that is "fast food". I just don't like eating food outside, it's a weird habit I know >_>

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.