Discussion The fast food thread

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I get fast food more than I should, most times from Carls Jr. ( Hardees ).

My dad is a big guy, and he eats A LOT of food in a sitting and refuses to change his way. Me, my mom, and my sister barely eat anything, but we never cook anything good at home because we have to make so much just to feed him. We like quality over quantity, hes the other way around. So a lot of times we just grab him a few hamburgers and call it good, kinda lame but whatever. Right now hes up in Nebraska for work for at least 2 months, he just left yesterday. Good homecooked food here I come!

Any of you guys ever been to El Polo Loco? Thats a pretty good chicken fast food place. :thup:

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
You have Harvey's there? That's a Canadian chain. Did you mean Hardees (which is affiliated with Carls Jr...) ?

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
My dad banned Burger King from us.. :( cuz we got ripped off once, lol.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
McDonald's (Taiwan):
- Big Macs are too small. Took about 5 minutes to munch without thinking.
- Excellent Milk Tea
- Stupid localized treats, such as Super Size Me french fries. They always put too many salt in them.
- If I were to bring myself an A-1 Steak Sauce, I get myself in trouble.
- Brought an Ipod into a McDonald's, asked for a cup of coffee, accidentally dropped my Ipod into the coffee, and my god my Ipod had its cover changed to chocolate.

Burger King (Taiwan):
- Not many of them around in a city, actually rare and a bit cheap on the side. It costs at most about NTD$79 (= around USD$2) for a Spicy Hot Whopper.
- Their fries, its taste differs from the American fries. They used less oil to fry, and use razor sharp scissors to cut them up. Talk about uneven surfaces!
- It's customary to treat your boss a big Whopper. They enjoyed its rarity.

Subway (Taiwan):
- Their 12-inches submarine sandwiches are longer than the American's by a mere centimeter.
- Their bread, so hard to crunch. I once lost a loose tooth because of their golden French bread.
- They have a Chinese/Korean super spicy sauce. Anyone who did eat that, usually said it tastes like having a servings of 3 bottles of Tabasco Sauce in a beer mug.
- They have excellent English skills!! Many European tourists usually said Subways are the only place to eat.

Mos Burgers (Japan):
- Some hamburgers are quite small. A big gulp is all you need.
- Due to the size of each burgers, many females prefer this as an alternative to McDonald's.
- They have the awesome Beef Soup. Add that with instant noodles, and you get yourself a nice treat.
- You can bring almost anything in their stores. I saw a dog poop in the corner of their bathroom once.
- Some stores have free Internet access! I saw a few playing Counter-Strike a while back.
- I lost track of how many burgers I ate. Boy, it made me gain 45 pounds! I hate push-ups!! :mad:

That's all.

Sintoras

Shaaakaa!
Reaction score
I love Steak&Shake when I'm in the US, but as far as I know they only exist in the midwest. Great Shakes to wash things down there and these great fries, which are cut very thinly.

The best fast food overall is certainly TGI Fridays. By far. I guess they are more of a diner though. They are comparatively expensive but extremely good and for those who eat 5 or 6 cheeseburgers at McDonalds in one session TGI is for you. Those burgers are HUGE.

:D
Sintoras

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I love Steak&Shake when I'm in the US, but as far as I know they only exist in the midwest. Great Shakes to wash things down there and these great fries, which are cut very thinly.

We dont have Steak and Shakes here in California, but when I went to Florida there were some, and man are they good. One of my favorite places to eat.:thup:

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Best:
Carls Jr.
In and Out Burger
Sonic
Panda Express
Jack in the Box
Almost any mexican taco shop in San Diego, lol
KFC
Popeyes

Worst:
McDonalds
Burger King

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Almost any mexican taco shop in San Diego, lol

You mean Taco Bell?

And for those who have eaten at TGI's, how did you guys manage to order burgers? As far as I know, I haven't seen any burgers around...

Or is it just my neighborhood, because they never pick burgers on the menu?

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Mighty Taco ftw.

Its a local buisness chain that started here in Buffalo, and they are damn good.

And the burger kings around here are also way better than MCD and Wendys, i actually prefer BK. But i think its just here, i went to florida and ate at a BK and it sucked.

Oh, and pretty much any place that sell wings here in Buffalo are unparalleled by anywhere else that sells wings. Anywhere.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
I loved Quizno's until they stopped selling meatball subs. I hate them for that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.